Notices
Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Improving your interior trim

Search this Thread

Old 10 October 2002, 01:08 PM
SeepyScoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whatever the good points about scoobs - and there are very very many. The interior isn't one of them, I challenge anyone to disagree.
Whilst thumbing through the Demon Tweeks catalogue I noticed a 'trim cover' which looks like it goes over the existing centre consol and come in a variety of colours. The obvious choice is brushed silver.
Has anyone bought one of these and tried it?
I'm interested to hear if the fit and finish is any good or does it just look like a naff aftermarket accessory? £53 is a lot of money to make the interior look even tackier.

Anyone else done much to improve the dash, pics if possible.
Old 10 October 2002, 09:52 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Cool

4 quality it's best 2 actually remove surround & paint which takes a bit more skill &/or use of local experts but means it aint guna fall/peel off. Aint dun it yet but woz tempted when i saw trousers interior with a no of other options like decent wheel, pedals etc
As i say i aint got round 2 it although i have dun white dials (BTW i guess yer on about the earlier models as it is their interiors which suk big stylee!) & c/o recent group buy did Nitosport chrome gear surround & **** while doin quickshift thing n all as per

Sp it aint the total dogs do das but is a gr8 improvement & 2 b honest i shall stick with bus style steering wheel as dont fancy loosing air bag, call me sceptical but u never no when u may need it, & i dont fancy tryin 2 plug in the better looking momo air bag uns but wood if i new it woz pucker.
Oh well u can ave a play with various bits 2 make better choice is yers but i'm far happier than i was with original carp!
Si
Old 10 October 2002, 09:54 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Wink

& if u have even older model than me u maynot have deep bucket sports seats either in which case u have my sympathy but they can b upgraded if u have da bling bling
Si
Old 11 October 2002, 01:11 PM
SeepyScoob
Scooby Regular

Cheers Si,

I have actually got an MY99 and I'm still not happy - Wot a fussy bugger.
Apart from the seats, dials and steering wheel evrything else is naff.
You could agrue that that's all that's important and I would agree. However there's always room for improvement. The pics look good by the way - Is that your scoob?
Old 11 October 2002, 05:32 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Wink

the 1st un is the tart that is trousers car from TSL
Si
Old 08 January 2003, 03:20 AM
311WRX
Scooby Regular

where did you get that chrome gear lever surround from, do they do any other colours or just in chrome?
Old 08 January 2003, 07:16 AM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Cool

Nitosport got chrome surround & gear **** from these peaps, & they also do HUD(heads up displays) I seem 2 recall TSL also do sum sorta chrome thingy n all
Si

Trending Topics

Old 09 January 2003, 01:26 PM
CELL
Scooby Regular

Sorry to jump in here but i have a question for you ppl.

Scooby Si, i notice you have fitted a Momo gear **** on one of the first pictures in your post, the one with the standard gator in place. I have the same problem as you did i expect. When you put the momo **** on there is nothing to keep the gator from dropping a little and showing a bit of the gear stick shaft.

On the standard gear stick there is a sort of rim that the gator clips into and keeps it in place.

My question is this, has anyone managed to figure out a way of retaining the standard gator and fixing somehow so that the gear stick shaft cannot be seen?

thanks

chris
Old 09 January 2003, 02:41 PM
---=CeeDee=---
Scooby Regular

2 CELL: Unscrew bottom part of gearknob...put it first on gear shaft...than u put gator on...than ****...fix the ****...screw the gator in place with that bottom part of ****..works for me
Old 09 January 2003, 02:48 PM
CELL
Scooby Regular

If i am reading you correctly you mean secure the gator with the screw on part that comes with the momo gear ****?

If so, how can i get my fingers under the gator to acutally trap the gator between the screw on part and the bottom of the gearknob?
Old 09 January 2003, 05:06 PM
DAR.WIL
Scooby Regular

I made a small nylon washer with a grub screw on the side.
fitted this around the g/stick underneath the gaitor and pushed the whole lot up to the bottom of the g/****

Darren
Old 09 January 2003, 05:52 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Wink

yeah top pikky aint my car that's trousers at TSL although last i saw he woz selling it anyway so i shall plead ignorance how it goes with the original plastic thing but with the leather un i have (lower pix) the leather thing took sum gentle persuasion 2 get over the nitosport **** but got there in end & looks cool although may i suggest u get a B&M quickshift as per mine as that also reduces the length of the shaft so may overcome yer problem (more money but worth it 4 the sporty feel IMO)
Si
Old 09 January 2003, 09:45 PM
AJT
Scooby Regular

Cell - wrap some electrical tape round the plastic bit on the gear stick, then pull the gaiter up over it. If it doesn't stay up, wrap a bit more round it. Works a treat. Can't take credit for it obviously - got the tip from ScoobyNet !
Old 10 January 2003, 08:12 AM
CELL
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Dar Wil, that sounds like a damn good idea, however my engineering skills wont extend to making something like that

Scooby Si, i have been thinking about a quickshift for some time now, but for now i will have to go for the cheaper option.

AJT, sounds like the easiest and quickest fix, im going to give it a go at the weekeend

The only other thought i had was jamming a washer on the gearstick shaft, but then finding one that is just the right size could be a problem. Maybe after i have applied a few rings of tape to the shaft i could sit a washer on top of the ledge and then pull the gator over the top of it?

Cheers guys

Chris

Old 12 January 2003, 12:47 AM
DAR.WIL
Scooby Regular

Cell
If your stuck mail me and I'll make one up for you.

Darren
Old 12 January 2003, 04:49 PM
wrxrob
Scooby Regular

nito sport do a full carbon kit to complement your interior.
Old 17 January 2003, 07:28 PM
CELL
Scooby Regular

Smile

Dar

You have mail

thanks

Chris
Old 24 January 2003, 06:26 PM
CELL
Scooby Regular

Darren,

I got the washer in the post this morning. Couldnt be a better piece of kit for the job

Once again, thanks very much for making one up for me.
Old 24 January 2003, 10:03 PM
DAR.WIL
Scooby Regular

No problem,another satisfied customer(that's two of us)