Notices
Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

noisy DEFI's and airy oil!

Search this Thread

Old 03 October 2002, 01:00 AM
Littleman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm currently looking at getting the new DEFI BF gauges (dimmable, different start sequence and different lights!) but as always I got a few q's.
Does the 'unit' make much noise with the engine off but the key on i.e. no oil pressure will cause a warning with the engine off. Can it be silenced easily and how annoying is it? Just one of those things I like to know about.
When installing the senders, (defi) does removing both the oil temp and bung on third cylinder introduce air into the system and will it purge the air with no bleeding? Will the oil leak and make a mess or should the oil be drained for this? Loads of questions? I have more.
52mm or 60mm? Personal preference I know but how do they look in the defi pod and is the pod the right colour to look standard in a P1?

I got so many q's when I get going but these are the issues that when answered make a purchase, installation and use so rewarding. I'd much appreciate some scoobynet grey matter!!!

Cheers Ben
Old 05 October 2002, 01:01 PM
Littleman
Scooby Regular

Er, take that as a no then?
Old 05 October 2002, 01:26 PM
Philip Attaway
Scooby Regular

Location: RS6 heaven. 505/445 Scooby Eater (whilst watching TV)
Thumbs up

I don't know what Defi BF gauges are but mine did not bleep so I can't answer that question. Mine just had a warning light.

You don't have to drain any oil as the senders both go on top of the engine so to speak, so oil cannot run out.

Make sure you wrap PTFE tape around the threads of the new senders to prevent leaks.

Phil
Old 06 October 2002, 01:07 PM
Littleman
Scooby Regular

Thanks Phil, I have noticed that you can see where both senders will go without any hassle. Access thanks to Chiark's pages will not be a problem though. I seem to ask really stupid questions sometimes but the search function doesn't seem to work in these forums.

Ben