Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

MY00 interior in a MY94?

Search this Thread

Old 13 May 2002, 02:39 PM
Wheelman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Is the above swop possible (I know door cards don't fit)for a UK 4 door?
Old 14 May 2002, 08:35 AM
Wheelman
Scooby Regular

Has anyone done this?
Old 15 May 2002, 04:13 PM
andyp
Scooby Regular

I have seen someone with an old style interior fitted with the new style door cards (keeping the original dash). Doesn't look half as bad as you'd think it would - in fact, most people probably wouldn't notice! However, the guy was having trouble getting the electric window controller working correctly.

If you have a UK MY94 then the dash plastic is grey, so the black door cards look a little bit wrong.

The seats are an easy swap (10 mins).

Not too sure if you were thinking about the other bits of trim and carpet; but I'm sure these are pretty easy.

Andy

Old 18 May 2002, 07:51 PM
Scooby Wagon
Scooby Regular

Smile

Wheelman

I have a 95UK 5 door wagon, just fitted a full interior from a 97 WRX Wagon all bolted straight in apart from needing 2 nut serts fiting to take the extra hinges for the rear seat (used to be a one piece base, now 60/40 split) also got the door cards and they too fitted straight in.
The trim pattern is still the twedie type & may not look as nice as the MY00 but everything matches and the car looks like it came out of the factory with it.
If your car is a saloon you would not even have the problem with the rear seat hinges, I think all would fit, maybe someone on here can clarify this, also the trim pattern on the WRX saloon seats looks better

Hope this helped
Cheers
Paul

[Edited by Scooby Wagon - 5/18/2002 7:53:24 PM]
Old 24 May 2002, 10:40 AM
Steve_H
Scooby Regular

Wheelman,

I have just this week changed my dreadful MY94 front and rear seats
for some newer spec ones.....it's easy....here's the deal....

Back seats just swap straight over :- 2 bolts holding the seat base, 3 bolts holding the seat back.

Front seats also swap over, however you'll be left with 2 bolts as the newer spec seats only need 4 (not 5) bolts per seat. Also, at the rear of the passenger seat there is a small plastic cover which covers one of the bolts - this will no longer fit once you've put the new seat in....not that you notice it anyway.

I'm getting the door cards next week, if I manage to get them to fit I'll try and takes some photo's along the way and show you how it's done......fingers crossed.

Oh yeah, one other thing....the front seat belts don't slot into the new receivers that easily, good idea to get the newer spec seat belts with the interior.

hope that all makes sense....

Steve
Old 05 June 2002, 12:31 PM
Steve_H
Scooby Regular

Hopefully fitting the door cards on the weekend...try and take some photos and post them up....

Old 06 June 2002, 02:07 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is NOT as easy as you think as the wiring loom is different... Swapping is not a DIY task unless you know what you are doing it...

IF I do it to mine it will be so that I can use the new ECUTEK upgrade, however I would probably go for a LINK instead so that I could attempt to adjust myself...

Basically Dashboard, ECU, Airbags, Engine Wiring, Alarm & Immobiliser, Map Sensors, CoilPacks, Idle control etc.. is different... and thats off the top of my head...

You could however get the new dash and new wiring loom and patch them together which wouldnt be too hard...

Other than that I have MY00 Seats in my 95uk 5dr... old door cards still front and rear... when I find some cloth I may retrim them.

David
Old 10 June 2002, 07:23 AM
Wheelman
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Done the seats fine, no problems. Looks like the door cards will be a non starter.
Old 10 June 2002, 04:37 PM
RaZe-=Buzz=-
Scooby Regular

You did the back seat as well? Ive got a 96 4dr with leather but the drivers seat doesnt go back far enough for me - im only 6 foot but Ive got longish legs - and Ive been mulling over buying a newer sportier set of seats from a post 97 scoob and doing any alterations I can without taking the car off the road. I would want to do front and back so it didnt look TOO odd..
Finding a set is a different matter, but one thing stopping me looking was the possible fitting problem. If there ISNT one then that might be a motivator....
Old 10 June 2002, 08:15 PM
RaZe-=Buzz=-
Scooby Regular

Got your e-mail thanx Ice Man, and I'll take some piccies for you to see the condition and colour etc. and post them here. Cant do it this minute cos its CHUCKING it down

Then we shall have to see what we can sort if you are still interested. Any pics of "yours" for me to show the wife? She drives it most of them time...
Old 06 October 2002, 04:40 PM
ice man
Scooby Regular

Raze

You interested in a set of seats out of a MY01 Sport (last of the classic shape impreza) top condition

[Edited by ice man - 6/10/2002 4:40:52 PM]