2005 JDM Subaru WRX STI Steering Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 24 March 2020, 02:31 AM
4C3Combat
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2005 JDM Subaru WRX STI Steering Replacement

Hi Scooby Net Members,

I am new here and greeting all the way from Malaysia!!
First of all, sorry for my poor English, but I will definitely try my best, and sorry too if this topic has been discussed previously.

I just got myself a used 2005 JDM Subaru Impreza WRX STI (EJ20 / GDB-F4EH Hawkeye), the entire car is stock with only coilover, air intake, and muffler replaced with aftermarket one.
There's only two problems with the car so far, my DCCD is blinking at "Open" stage, tried to pull the code and I had Code 29, Code 31 and Code 33 indicating Steering Angle Sensor issue, and other minor problems.

So here's the thing,
I wanted to fit in with a Momo aftermarket steering wheel, since this is the best time to mess with the Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) as I have a faulty one, then only when everything is done, I will get the SAS replaced.

But I came across this:
https://www.scoobynet.com/interior-1...ing-wheel.html
and this:

1. Does this mean that I can actually remove the entire clock spring with both the sockets (yellow for air bag, black for horn and etc) detached and run the car?
2. Then I just straight away get an aftermarket boss kit and fit right in after I removed out the entire clock spring assembly?
3. Can the DCCD system works without the clock spring assembly?

I don't mind to reset my signal manually after every turn, and I can earth the horn wire by myself.

Problem two:
Whenever I try to boost the car, I have strong gasoline smell in the interior cabin, I'd say it is coming out from the air vent or other places, if I drive the car normally, it would be fine.

Your assistance is very much appreciated.

Thanks
KC Ong
Malaysia

Last edited by 4C3Combat; 30 March 2020 at 01:09 AM.