Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Gauges Not Changing Colours Correctly

Search this Thread

Old 12 September 2014, 10:44 AM
mfnick
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauges Not Changing Colours Correctly

Hi all, did a quick search but couldn't find anything.

Basically bought 3 gauges from R Spec. Turbo, oil pressure and temp. They are stepper ones with peak warning which you are meant to be able to make light up white in daytime then amber at night when you switch lights on. However we couldn't get them to light up this way at all (myself and a professional). We could get them to light up amber in day and white at night but when wired to do the opposite they won't even switch on without the lights and then switch on and light amber when turning lights on. Switch lights off with engine on and the gauges switch off.

Just wondered if anyone else has ever had this problem?

It's got my mechanic and I stumped. We're getting correct voltages on the right cables at the right times and like I say it works the opposite way as it should and we can get them to light up white or amber constantly but not how I want them. We've taken supplies from the central clock and tried them from the headlight dipper too when that didn't work. I've emailed R Spec and they're certain it's a fault with my supplies even though we've tested them as I say??? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Old 14 September 2014, 04:21 PM
mfnick
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've managed to sort this today, just in case anyone else ever has a similar problem it's very a strange one but a easy fix!
I have them daisy chained from left to right - oil temp, oil Pressure and then Turbo. I put my gauge supply to the oil temp and chained from that. For some reason putting the gauge supply into the turbo gauge first and chaining from that made them work correctly! No idea how or why but there you go.