Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tecs Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 30 April 2002, 11:24 AM
TBMeech
Scooby Regular

Location: Surrey Somewhere, From 341 bhp '99 STI V to '98 Merc CLK & '00 Peugeot 306 XSI to '01 E46 M3 :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I have been with Tesco now for a little while and not had any problems until........
My DD bounces, on my final payment for my insurance this month, so I send a cheque and a covering letter to tell them within 24 hours of dd bouncing.

2nd Day - Renewal notice thru "Dont anything if you want to reinsure with us, we will take your payment as per normal within 10 days of this notice" - fair enough, happy with renewal amount so no need to do anything.....

5th Day - Notice of cancellation thru - Please pay now or we will cancel your motor insurance - I attempt to ring 6 times from work from my mobile, cant get thru to their 0845 number.

6th Day - Attempt to call again, 5 times from mobile spend 40 mins on hold

7th Day - Again cannot get thru another 1 hour in total on my mobile phone, send another cheque, fax them copies of letter from the previous week and this one, post them the chq recorded delivery with copies of both letters.

8th Day - Call on the weekend, get thru after 40 mins at home, please call back on monday - friday between 0900 and 1600 - sorry cant help - puts the phone down....cheers

It gets better!

10th Day - 2 days before renewal date - letter confirming that indeed my insurance has been cancelled - Ring from work takes me 1 hour to get thru to some retard, then have to wait 10 mins to be put thru to someone else, finally get thru - Say I will pay by credit card to sort it all out once and for all, they say i cant because they have cancelled the insurance and are sending me out a refund ????? - wtf......ok can i renew my insurance, yes, so re-insure as obviously un-insured and they say my previous insurance expired on 28/02/02 WTF!!!

But I am sitting here with my certificate that tells me that my insurance expires 27/04/02 - explain this to them and they do not believe me? so fax it to the bird on the other end of the phone and she then is like well thats wrong then isnt it? I am saying but yea surely insurance runs for 1 WHOLE year from when i first took it out from ??? - This goes on for about 30 mins arguing with her, then i decide i cant be ar5ed anymore with them, so they then go to sort out the renewal, i have to rund thru all of my details and the bint is asking me "who is you previous insurer" - I am like "YOU!!!" Dozy bint > > i cannot explain how stressed i am at this point of the phone call.......in the end it all gets sorted out but has taken me at least 2 hours from start to finish to sort out ......

THEN!!!!

They get to the end of the quote and guess what its cheaper by £200??? from my renewal notice thats with loosing the extra ncd from last year??? Eh??? this includes everything i have done to the car! lol - got my certificate this morning, with amendment for mods, also my payment schedule etc and its all in order!!!!! friggin nightmare!

So alls well that ends well i suppose, I hope i dont ever have to claim with them - that would be a mare!

[Edited by TBMeech - 4/30/2002 11:26:52 AM]
Old 30 April 2002, 04:29 PM
Steve_H
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Having problems with them aswell just now....

started a new policy at the end of March and was told I had to send proof of security device fitting (tracking device and CAT1),
"person" I was dealing with said I HAD to send originals (photocopies wouldn't do).

To date I've had two letters threatening to cancel my policy as they have not received the documents.

I sent the certificates over three weeks ago !! could it be that Tesco have lost them ??

What could I do if they have ??

Anyone else had this problem ??
Old 30 April 2002, 04:36 PM
TBMeech
Scooby Regular

Location: Surrey Somewhere, From 341 bhp '99 STI V to '98 Merc CLK & '00 Peugeot 306 XSI to '01 E46 M3 :)
Angry

Thats bang out of order.....

I sent them photocopies before and they were happy with that, if they have lost them then you'll have to get another certificate from the people that originally installed your securtiy devices...

Old 02 May 2002, 12:24 AM
stu200
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

TBMeech,

You really don't want to have to go through a big claim with them

When my Nissan was destroyed last year, the claim was passed to the "Total Loss Unit" for processing, and they were the only ones I could discuss the claim with. Unfortunately, the Total Loss unit do not accept incoming calls, so I had to continually play Chinese Whispers with the regular Claims Dept staff

After three months of faffing about, they finally paid out.

One time I was on the phone, I decided to lodge a formal complaint about the inaccessablilty of the Total Loss Unit, but was told I'd have to discuss it with the unit's manager. I asked to speak to this person and ... yes you guessed it ... was reminded that the Total Loss Unit do not accept incoming calls
Old 02 May 2002, 04:44 PM
TBMeech
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Stu,

I hope not m8, sounds like a nightmare, I am gonna change my insurance as soon as I can really, If I was more on the ball at renewal time I would have changed insurance companies, just seems they are really efficient at new business then its **** off time when you need to get hold of them for other things.....
Old 07 May 2002, 05:03 PM
Steve_H
Scooby Regular

Talking

RESULT !!!

phoned Twatco...sorry Tesco...today and they've actually received my certificates !! only took a measly 26 days !!

I was promised that as they are originals they'll be returned to me within 7 days....mmmmmmmmm.....what's the odds of that happening ??

Steve.
Old 10 May 2002, 12:35 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Strange.

I sent photocopies - that was fine.

I've also just had to make a claim (scoob in ditch - long story!), I was told the engineer would be out in 48hours to assess after the garage's assessment (not one of their recommended, but no problems with useing one I wanted too) He was there, claim was approved on the 4th working day after ringing them. Rung them three times to ask questions, first couple of times I was on hold for 20 minutes (but I did ring at lunchtime), third time I lost hte number for the claims line so rang the quotes line who gave me a different number and got straight through without the phone ringing...hope you guys have better luck...IMHO I can't complain...

Jen
Old 12 May 2002, 06:12 PM
dhorwich
Scooby Regular

I have had similar problems with security device info they are totaly usless, had a right go at them....

First i sent them my tracker and cat 1 info... a week or so later they tell me they have not recieved it..... so ring them and sort it out.... then they send me another letter saying they have not recieved them yet.... so ring em again have another moan they say "its ok we have it"....

They are cheap but totally fu**ing usless at insurance..!!! i dread to think what they are like if i have to claim for my car if i have an accident...

Dan
Old 13 May 2002, 07:45 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

I hate to point this out, but cheapest might not always be best in this case???

If this is how they treat sales (ie getting money from you) then WTF will they be like when it comes to paying out????

Not wishing to scare monger, but this sounds awful.
Old 13 May 2002, 11:50 PM
stu200
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

chiark,

I'm afraid you're right ... as you'll see from my earlier post

I'm happily paying more now so that I am not insured with them.
Old 14 May 2002, 09:15 AM
TBMeech
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Totally agree with that statement Chiark, sometimes the cheapest aint the best, i'd rather pay a little extra and recieve good service tbh, kinda scary really.