Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insurance for a Type25

Search this Thread

Old 09 November 2011, 09:01 PM
PaulR1sky
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance for a Type25

This insurance thing is frustrating and a con.
Lived in a HP postcode had no problem with insurance, now moved to Maidenhead with an SL postcode and my current insurer will not touch me as I live in Slough!!??
How does that work? I live in Maidenhead!!

So I am going to keep my Type25 at my parents and drive it maybe at weekends and have a Vectra 2.0SRI T as my daily and for work.
But because I live in Slough, NOT! They are going to charge me for keeping it in Slough as they can charge more, even though I want the Vectra as my daily and my Type25 for fun, but will be kept @ the HP postcode.

Hopefully Gary @ KM will be able to help.

If anyone has any other suggestions on Type25 insurance companies, I really could do with knowing!!

FYI
Rang an insurance company who offer 12 months insurance for the price of 10.
Asked for a quote on the Vectra = £890
Quote from LV = £894

How can quote 1 be based on 10months if a 12 month policy is the same money??
Surely it should be £750?? considering the quotes are the same.
Old 10 November 2011, 10:13 AM
skyinsurance
Former Sponsor

Feel free to give us a try, we'd need you to have driveway garage parking though, SL postcodes are incredibly high risk , even the nicer areas.
Old 10 November 2011, 02:18 PM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Lightbulb

Hi Paul,

Sorry to hear that you've had problems with your postcode.

As you say, whilst Maidenhead does have an SL postcode it is not Slough.

Ascot, Marlow and Windsor also have SL postcodes - these are also not slough.

Every Insurer will have tracked their claim statistics (primarily focussing upon Theft and Personal Injury claims costs/frequencies), which does lead to heightened terms or in the worst instance exclusion of some postcode areas.

However, just to reassure you (and having also just checked the demographic ratings of Maidenhead and the surrounding areas - including Ascot, Marlow and Windsor) these do score pretty well from a demographic (make up of population, aspirational/affluence etc) perspective.

So i'm sure that you'll find plenty of other companies that can accommodate your Insurance requirement

Kind regards

Tony

Originally Posted by PaulR1sky
now moved to Maidenhead with an SL postcode and my current insurer will not touch me as I live in Slough!!??
How does that work? I live in Maidenhead!!

So I am going to keep my Type25 at my parents and drive it maybe at weekends and have a Vectra 2.0SRI T as my daily and for work.

But because I live in Slough, NOT! They are going to charge me for keeping it in Slough as they can charge more, even though I want the Vectra as my daily and my Type25 for fun, but will be kept @ the HP postcode.

Hopefully Gary @ KM will be able to help.

If anyone has any other suggestions on Type25 insurance companies, I really could do with knowing!!