Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help please Insurance guys (Gary, Ollie, Chris, Luke and those I have forgot (sorry))

Search this Thread

Old 28 October 2011, 07:45 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Help please Insurance guys (Gary, Ollie, Chris, Luke and those I have forgot (sorry))

Im almost certainly going to be buying another Impreza, however although it appears to be a JDM with import papers and history, the V5 states Subaru Impreza WRX STI type UK.

Where do I stand with Insurance, and what do I quote (import or UK)?

Also I will need a quote please if you could give me a bell, saves me being lazy and queueing

Im currently with Allianz for a Shogun that I have just sold (owned for three weeks) Can I simply ring them up and cancel it, and will there be a small fee for an early cancellation? The last time I cancelled insurance early it cost me £50 which is fine. The reason I ask is my friend said he was tied into a 12mth contract and couldnt cancel his insurance early without a large cancellation penalty.

So again in a nushell:
  1. UK or JDM (import) to quote on insurance?
  2. Also please call me to arrange a quote, and fast track reference if I buy the car to get cover sorted quicker
  3. Cancel insurance?
Thanks guys
Rob
0752 20 20 500
Old 29 October 2011, 12:27 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

anyone?
Old 29 October 2011, 02:44 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

I can defiantely quote, but don't work Saturdays

Will call you Monday
Old 29 October 2011, 02:45 PM
Moley
Sponsor

..... ref the cancellation, if they can't offer cover on the new car they should be able to cancel on a pro-rata basis, minus a small cancellation fee.
Old 31 October 2011, 08:27 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Thanks today Gary for the quote, and sorry for missing both calls from Claire (A-plan) and Sam (Sky). Its been a bit manic today with my lad ending up in A&E! Bloody kids.

If you could call me tomorrow that would be great although I think you may struggle to beat Gary price and great cover

Best times to ring tomorrow is between: 8:30-9:00am, or after 2:30-until late as im in meetings most of tomorrow.

Could I also note that the car im going to be buying will have no Tax, so in order to Tax it I would require the Insurance certificate before Friday, is this something that can be faxed or emailed that would be great! Otherwise I need to arrange a transporter ;(

Rob

Last edited by Rob Day; 31 October 2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 02 November 2011, 02:56 PM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Rob,

It sounds as though this could be an import that originally came via Malta or Cyprus, before they were part of the EU.

In our experience this was effectively the same specification as the UK WRX STI, it was also acknowledged by International motors the European franchise holder for Subaru.

It would be best to declare it as an import and to explain what it says on the log book when speaking with Insurance providers.

But the guys on here such as Sky, A-Plan and Moley in particular (as well as ourselves) will also have good knowledge of the models - along with schemes that will make covering the car a bit easier for you

Kind regards

Tony

Originally Posted by Rob Day
Im almost certainly going to be buying another Impreza, however although it appears to be a JDM with import papers and history, the V5 states Subaru Impreza WRX STI type UK.
Old 02 November 2011, 05:33 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

£720 fully comp to beat

I cant get a hold of Keith Michaels to ask if they will beat or match it so it looks as though im going ahead.....Come on Gary return the voice mail lol

Rob
Old 02 November 2011, 08:01 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tony@Greenlight
Hi Rob,

It sounds as though this could be an import that originally came via Malta or Cyprus, before they were part of the EU.

In our experience this was effectively the same specification as the UK WRX STI, it was also acknowledged by International motors the European franchise holder for Subaru.

It would be best to declare it as an import and to explain what it says on the log book when speaking with Insurance providers.

But the guys on here such as Sky, A-Plan and Moley in particular (as well as ourselves) will also have good knowledge of the models - along with schemes that will make covering the car a bit easier for you

Kind regards

Tony
Hi Tony, I tried to entertain your website, but it wont let me

I get this error message:

The trouble is you cant see what the full desciption of the car types, so you dont know what your choosing. Anyway after try several types I kept getting the same message, and my short atention span got the better of me
Old 02 November 2011, 08:34 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Will give you a call tomorrow Rob
Old 02 November 2011, 09:01 PM
sonic93
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

moley could u quote me on a van mate havin trouble getting cheap as my no claims on my scoob
Old 02 November 2011, 10:02 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
Will give you a call tomorrow Rob
Ok mate, anytime tomorrow morning wil be fine as im being chauffeured up to Newcastle for the car tomorrow. Is the price flexible too

In the meantime can you have a think how taxing the car might work please. The V5 and MOT will be with the car, but the owner wont be available (abroad) so a Vauxhall Dealership Garage (his freind) is doing the deal with me. The V5 is signed so thats no trouble, but getting the car taxed is. Some suggestions please otherwise I may aswel cancel the idea.

I cant get the owner to do it online as it will go to his address in the post (he is working away), I cant do it as I have no insurance certificate. argggghhhh

Rob
Old 02 November 2011, 10:39 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Can fax or e-mail a certificate
Old 02 November 2011, 10:39 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Originally Posted by sonic93
moley could u quote me on a van mate havin trouble getting cheap as my no claims on my scoob
Yep, pm me your number
Old 02 November 2011, 11:35 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
Can fax or e-mail a certificate
Exellent, can you ring me tomorrow morning please

Will a fax or email be surfice for our friendly post office staff?

Did you manage to review the price

Thanks
Rob
0752 20 20 500
Old 02 November 2011, 11:46 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Will have to check the price in the morning

Fax or e-mail will be fine with the Post Office
Old 02 November 2011, 11:52 PM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the feedback (and for taking the time to try us).

We've had historic involvement with Scoobynet and the SIDC (had the paintball scars to prove it) for many years, dating back to the early days when Shaun owned the forum.

Having been absent from the forum for two years, mainly due to developing other areas of our business and seeking perfection back office systems wise i'm pleased to say that we've been lured from the background by Internet brands to support the forum once again.

After contact with Stu@internetbrands over the last couple of weeks we've now reinstated our trader status (went live today) and will be posting in greater detail shortly.

I'm sorry to see that you had a problem with selecting the vehicle upon the website, due to the length of the vehicle description.

I've snipped a screen shot and have forward this to our head of I.T. to correct this for Internet explorer.

In addition, I've accessed our website using google chrome as a browser and found that chrome allows you to drag the vehicle description box to display the whole vehicle description.

I'll get our I.T. team to check mozilla firefox and will report back.

Kind regards

Tony

Ps. Love the 'attention span getting the better of you', i'll use that on our head of I.T. (we need to develop a sense of humour discount, as it's things like this make the world a better place)

Originally Posted by Rob Day
Hi Tony, I tried to entertain your website, but it wont let me

I get this error message.

The trouble is you cant see what the full desciption of the car types, so you dont know what your choosing. Anyway after try several types I kept getting the same message, and my short atention span got the better of me

Last edited by Tony@Greenlight; 02 November 2011 at 11:55 PM.
Old 10 November 2011, 02:44 PM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Hi Rob,

Glad to see that you have managed to sort your cover requirement out and have collected your new Subaru.

I've now had a chance to talk this through with our I.T. people, who after some extensive testing have found that the problem relating to expansion of the description boxes appears to be related to older browser versions.

They have confirmed that the newer versions of Internet explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome in particular either expand, or allow you to expand the boxes upon our website.

Kind regards

Tony
Old 10 November 2011, 03:20 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Excellent work Tony. Now do me a favour and quote my friend some cheap insurance please. He is very simular to me in terms of age, experience, NCD, and postcode. However has had a claim for soemone crashing into his car whilst parked (not his fault), but it appears that his insurance is double that of mine. Surely the one claim whiich wasnt through his own fault shouldnt cause the insurance to double?!?! Anything over a Grand and he is walking away from Subaru! Help for him please, Thanks, Rob
Old 10 November 2011, 03:36 PM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

'Contender ready' Rob,

We can handle his enquiry via www.greenlightinsurance.co.uk but with the claim in mind it may be better for him to call our dedicated telephone quotation team on 01277 376000 to talk us through the detail.

We've previously been involved with Scoobynet since the early days (still got the paintball scars to prove it) and have covered the model for many years. We dropped off the forum in early 2009, but continued to cover the model and quietly developed our product range.

Now it's time for a relaunch!

If you meet the acceptance criteria listed upon our thread https://www.scoobynet.com/trader-ann...ce-scheme.html our schemes are competitive, we're receptive and we would welcome the opportunity to help.

Kind regards

Tony

Last edited by Tony@Greenlight; 10 November 2011 at 03:39 PM.
Old 10 November 2011, 04:03 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Thanks Tony, Ive passed this onto him. Remember to "quote him happy" sorry for the cliché but if its not possible to come in at a reasonable price then he is going to stay with the "Ford" boys where its cheap for him to insure his ST. At the end of the day bare the one claim he's not far from the same criteria as me, and im please with my quote under £700! Thanks, Rob
Old 11 November 2011, 02:50 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Rob, i'll see if i can get him the some kind of deal as i got for you.

Pm me his number and i'll give him a call.