Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Claim type woes...

Search this Thread

Old 04 August 2011, 09:41 PM
Bicco
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Claim type woes...

We are currently going through a claim on my Wife insurance, were by we had a woman hit the front of our car on our side of the road, the woman admited fault on scene and we though it was all done and dusted but we have just found out that her insurance company claim this to be out fault. I know there are lots of factors surrounding an incident but I just can`t see how this claim is being made.
We were heading northbound (on our street), there is a Y junction, the main road continues to the left and there is a Junction seperating it from the right hand road, about 15m past the junction there is a T junction again to the right. We had just made the turn onto the right hand part of the Y when a car emerged from the T junction, turning to head south bound, the car crossed staight across into our lane (Failing to turn sharp enough) and hit the front of our car. The woman on scene appologised and said she was not looking, her statement was witnessed by two police officers. We have pictures on scene, these show the skid marks left by our car about 2ft on our side of the road.
Now apperently the other company are claiming that I obstructed the path of the other vehicle, I just can`t get my head around how this can possibly be my fault, I am know parranoid that I am going to end up paying the price for someone driving into me, but with no witnesses I am starting to wonder if this could end up being 50/50 or worse!
Do these type of claims often end being disputed? Am I stuffed here? I`ve already come to terms with the fact that my other 2 policies will have to be informed, and thus increased even though I haven`t done anything

Possibly more of a rant than a question, my appologies for broing anyone.
Old 05 August 2011, 09:17 AM
skyinsurance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bicco
We are currently going through a claim on my Wife insurance, were by we had a woman hit the front of our car on our side of the road, the woman admited fault on scene and we though it was all done and dusted but we have just found out that her insurance company claim this to be out fault. I know there are lots of factors surrounding an incident but I just can`t see how this claim is being made.
We were heading northbound (on our street), there is a Y junction, the main road continues to the left and there is a Junction seperating it from the right hand road, about 15m past the junction there is a T junction again to the right. We had just made the turn onto the right hand part of the Y when a car emerged from the T junction, turning to head south bound, the car crossed staight across into our lane (Failing to turn sharp enough) and hit the front of our car. The woman on scene appologised and said she was not looking, her statement was witnessed by two police officers. We have pictures on scene, these show the skid marks left by our car about 2ft on our side of the road.
Now apperently the other company are claiming that I obstructed the path of the other vehicle, I just can`t get my head around how this can possibly be my fault, I am know parranoid that I am going to end up paying the price for someone driving into me, but with no witnesses I am starting to wonder if this could end up being 50/50 or worse!
Do these type of claims often end being disputed? Am I stuffed here? I`ve already come to terms with the fact that my other 2 policies will have to be informed, and thus increased even though I haven`t done anything

Possibly more of a rant than a question, my appologies for broing anyone.
If the police attended and made a report, ask to see this. If the police report backs up your version then it will be easier to resolve in your favour.
Old 15 August 2011, 05:28 PM
abh
Scooby Regular

mate in the same boat had a idiot jump a set of traffic lights on red got two witnesses one from behind me and one from behind him both stated he jumped the lights he hit me on the front of my impreza at about 35mph our green arrow was on green which meant his lights was on red all other cars in the three lanes that he was in had stopped clearley his fault but nearly two years onstill not settled and his insurance company have had the ***** to offer 50/50 have told my company markestudy /brokers A PLAN to go to court but have been told as long as they are corresponding with my insurance that they can not do this INSURANCE IS TOTALLY F---ED UP AND A WASTE OF TIME