Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insurance fkt up big issue - HELP ???

Search this Thread

Old 23 March 2011, 04:16 PM
scoobywrxwagon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance fkt up big issue - HELP ???

Just had a call from my partner quite upset as she was trying to add her Father to her insurance for the weekend as we dont need her car. When she called they ran through all details and said that even though she`s been with the same company for the last 2 yrs they shouldnt have insured her due to her age (25 in March this yr) due to the car she owns (VW Golf 2.8 4mo).

They said she was previously too young to insure this car and her ins would have been nil and void had something happened (i have 2 children generally in the car so not happy about that) They are now saying that they will have to cancel this yrs insurance (end in Aug11) and start it with another company meaning she`ll have to pay another deposit and losing her ncd for this year.

Just need some advice on where she stands regarding this as I`m not all clued up on consumer rights or insurance for that matter.

Could she request a refund for the total insurance she has paid to the company from the very start as she wasnt insured ?

Really at a loss of what to do or advice to offer.

HELP ????

Cheers

Rich
Old 23 March 2011, 04:23 PM
peter zippy reid
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

if they wont pay out on any claim surely she should get her money back as they are saying she is not insured and wont get another ncd year
Old 23 March 2011, 04:39 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Ombudsman asap! Pretty sure they've screwed up. You should not be out of pocket as a result.

5t.
Old 23 March 2011, 04:48 PM
scoobywrxwagon
Scooby Regular

Anyone have a number for the Ombudsman for some advice ??
Old 23 March 2011, 05:24 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Google dude. FSA.

5t.
Old 23 March 2011, 05:31 PM
scoobywrxwagon
Scooby Regular

I did after I asked, I just wasnt sure if someone had it to hand. Thanks for replies.
Old 23 March 2011, 06:18 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

I would approach them first with all the facts so that you are clear with what has happened. If they insured her knowing her age (check that the details are correct on the statement of insurance) and not through any mistake on her part then quote, ideally with the time, date and who it was she spoke to the fact that they said that she would not be insured and ask for a full refund with redress due to the fact that they have allowed her to be put at great risk. If they give any resolution that is less than satisfactory then make them aware that you will involve the ombudsmen.

If you cant remember who it was that had said that she would not have been insured then ask them the question again before saying anything else.
Old 23 March 2011, 06:27 PM
beastgtir
Scooby Regular

if they details match up on the quotation sheet, then tough ****, its their problem and id demand compensation..

it happened to my brother a while ago, i rang up about a new vehicle as he was looking to change it over and they said yeah fine thats cool xx amount extra..
When he bought it, they said 'sorry no can do'

i told them about the conversation previously, and they dug the conversation up as it was recorded and they got back to me a few days later and they let him cancel the policy for free and refunded the FULL costs of the policy (he had used it for a few months).. they did offer to insure him but they wanted £300 more then when i spoke to them first so my brother took the offer and went to a different place.
Old 23 March 2011, 06:31 PM
JAutos
ScoobyWorx

I thinks they have messed up and are trying to push it under the carpet. Pull it right back out and shout from the rooftops, they are up **** creek without a paddle if they knowingly insured her, as said check docs from start of policy. Correct age means they have no leg to stand on
Old 23 March 2011, 06:33 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobywrxwagon
I did after I asked, I just wasnt sure if someone had it to hand. Thanks for replies.
I didn't sorry chap. Was in a bit of a rush and didn't mean that to come across harsh or nowt!

5t.
Old 23 March 2011, 11:18 PM
scoobywrxwagon
Scooby Regular

Righty they called back late this afternoon and said they had made a mistake and added her Father until the policy ends for just the admin charge of £25.

Not a bad outcome but its got me wondering whether she was insured until they notice this or whether it was a genuine mistake.
Old 23 March 2011, 11:22 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Mistake or not, if you have the paper work and proof that you paid them for the insurance with all details correct they have no choice. If they tried to say that she wasnt insured in the event of a claim they would last around 2minutes in court, if that. Im sure there would be a case of fraud as well.
Old 23 March 2011, 11:29 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm amazed they still have the cheek to charge a £25 admin charge.