Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help and advice

Search this Thread

Old 02 June 2010, 06:01 PM
baser999
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help and advice

Was paying around £500pa for my00 classic through Keith Michaels but then following two knocks in Jan/Feb last year (one was a no-fault) the renewal went up to £899! Rang KM but Gary away and his absence a colleague said they couldn't fo it any cheaper although must confess there really wasn't a great deal of time spent checking. In view of this I took a policy via A-Plan at £559 with Markerstudy. There has since been no change in my circumstances or mods to the car and yet renewal has come through at £699 Phoned and been told they can't better this. Save for the usual 'industry increases' no reason given as to a 25% rise. There's another thread on here saying how pleased everyone is on getting reductions through A-Plan - why has mine gone up so much?

Following earlier calls/emails I have again tried emailing Gary, the KM sales manager, KM officer manager and even their general office email address but not even had the courtesy of an acknowledgement. Renewal was today so car now off the run at my parents, so really peed off.

Where the hell do I go now - seems the only option I have is to pay a ridiculous amount to A-Plan? Markerstudy got 0.5 out of 5 in reviews I read for their customer services so further reason to go elsewhere but where?
Old 02 June 2010, 08:32 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by baser999
Was paying around £500pa for my00 classic through Keith Michaels but then following two knocks in Jan/Feb last year (one was a no-fault) the renewal went up to £899! Rang KM but Gary away and his absence a colleague said they couldn't fo it any cheaper although must confess there really wasn't a great deal of time spent checking. In view of this I took a policy via A-Plan at £559 with Markerstudy. There has since been no change in my circumstances or mods to the car and yet renewal has come through at £699 Phoned and been told they can't better this. Save for the usual 'industry increases' no reason given as to a 25% rise. There's another thread on here saying how pleased everyone is on getting reductions through A-Plan - why has mine gone up so much?

Following earlier calls/emails I have again tried emailing Gary, the KM sales manager, KM officer manager and even their general office email address but not even had the courtesy of an acknowledgement. Renewal was today so car now off the run at my parents, so really peed off.

Where the hell do I go now - seems the only option I have is to pay a ridiculous amount to A-Plan? Markerstudy got 0.5 out of 5 in reviews I read for their customer services so further reason to go elsewhere but where?

i was with a plan and my renewal increased 150 quid in a year no accidents etc so got better quote off gary groupama who insured my car through a plan have risen there premiums because off so many subaru claims
Old 03 June 2010, 10:50 AM
skyinsurance
Former Sponsor

Try Sky Insurance?
Old 03 June 2010, 11:00 AM
baser999
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by skyinsurance
Try Sky Insurance?
I did. Someone rang me at home Saturday for details and then emailed to say you couldn't offer cover
Old 03 June 2010, 11:41 AM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by skyinsurance
Try Sky Insurance?
Im still waiting for a reply too.
Old 03 June 2010, 12:26 PM
stephen beynon
Scooby Regular

i have been told that all insurance is going up because so many people claimed for personal injery claimes last year so thay are trying to get the money back