Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NOT VERY HAPPY WITH GREENLIGHT

Search this Thread

Old 29 July 2009, 11:27 AM
The Stitcher
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOT VERY HAPPY WITH GREENLIGHT

I have been insured with greenlight for around 2-3 years as i have owned my scooby for 4-5 years, its been off the road now a year due to engine failure and have now completly rebuilt it (check out my thread in the project section)...

And now after a year of hard work, and phoning them to insure re-insure it, they gave me aquote on line which i was happy with, go to phone this morning, only to be told ...

"AS I HAVE NOT DROVE MY CAR IN A YEAR, AND HAD A LITTLE RUN AROUND FOR THE YEAR THEY WONT INSURE ME FOR THE QUOTED PRICE THEY GAVE ME ON LINE"

Which i think is ridiculous, ive been insured fully comp, and drove my other high performance cars when needed to...

so now they want to quote me more??? which is silly, just because my car has been being rebuilt and i have not drove it
Old 29 July 2009, 11:57 AM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I first got my Impreza (5 and a half (CLAIM FREE) years ago ) they wouldn't even quote me because it was a high performance car and they felt I didn't have enough experience even though I was driving a Lancia Delta HF Integrale before the Impreza! "Give us a call in 12 months and we will see what we can do" ........yeah ....right!

They lost my interest there and then, I've never even bothered going to them for a quote since!
Old 29 July 2009, 12:47 PM
Tenby
Scooby Regular

try A-Plan
Old 29 July 2009, 06:39 PM
GTW
Scooby Regular

There were a bit funny with me when i wanted to upgrade from my clio 172 to a wrx. It made me laugh as they were on about a massive power hike and were unsure i could handle the power. I had to go back threw 3 cars to prove i was worthy of giving them even more money. The kiddo on the phone was being a bit arsey as well, but ive got 6mths left before i can do anything. Suffice to say, they will not be getting my £800 next year lol.
Old 30 July 2009, 09:41 AM
skyinsurance
Former Sponsor

Try some other companies!