Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

K.Michaels

Search this Thread

Old 07 February 2009, 07:20 PM
scousefly
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down K.Michaels

Just had my quote through its either £770 to stay with who im with currently of £650 to go with someone different, thats after it costing £525 last year.
Im sorry but thats taking the ****, ive had 2 quotes ranging from £425-£469.
1 accident I crashed into a fence and they wanna increase my premium by over 20%
Old 07 February 2009, 07:52 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

If you had an accident and claimed you cost them money? Your premium will obviously go up!
Old 07 February 2009, 08:01 PM
scousefly
Scooby Regular

Default Well

I wouldn't know cause it was my 1st plus it was a fence not like it was thousands of pounds and over 20% is some hike
Old 08 February 2009, 12:34 AM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

So if it 'only' a fence i assume you paid to fix the damage yourself?

If you have had a claim and can find a policy cheaper than before the claim happened you have done very well. Who was the quote from out of interest?

Think yourself lucky, one guy on here (insured with another broker not Keith Michaels) had 2 small claims, and his policy went up by approx 700%!!!
Old 08 February 2009, 06:14 AM
scousefly
Scooby Regular

Default One

from A-Plan the other from Privelidge. An I dont consider myself lucky either way with the insurance market being as it is I would expect my current insurer to be 'competitive' not much to ask really considering im 41 an yet there are those who are much younger than me on here with modded and more powerful cars that seem to pay buttons compared to me.
At the end of it its a market place and my choice and your loss so im not that bothered.
On the other hand trying to justify it seems a bit lame after all this is a forum where freedom of speech is allowed although it also seems frowned on when others dont like what you have to say
Old 08 February 2009, 09:39 AM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Don't be fooled into thinking it will stay that price most insurers seem to fall over themselves for new customers and then try and taker the money back the next few years. Found AdmiraL were outrageous for this. I've found A Plan to be very good and competetive and you could speak to them and negotiate if they were a little out.

If the accident was your fault I would expect it to go up significantly.

AllanB
Old 08 February 2009, 11:16 AM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by scousefly
On the other hand trying to justify it seems a bit lame after all this is a forum where freedom of speech is allowed although it also seems frowned on when others dont like what you have to say
I am not trying to justify anything, just explaining how insurance works. You make a claim, it goes up.
If someone else wants to quote cheaper £100 less than you paid last ye r before you had tha claim then that is their decision.... i just wouldn't be able to justify that to an underwriter.

Like i said you have done well to get the price down, if i had a claim and then saved £100 regardless i'd be happy aswell.