Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Insurance problems!

Search this Thread

Old 07 October 2008, 04:50 PM
quark
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Insurance problems!

Hi guys, last friday afternoon i had an accident which was not my fault..

When i bought my car few months ago i had it registered in my name and tried to get a private insurance but it was over 4000 pounds which is about the same as the car's worth!!!

In the meantime i was working for a small bodyshop a my boss after hearing my ordeal offered me to just put the car and me on his trader's policy - Which we did and we had to reregister my car as the property of his company to make the insurance work and under the policy im only allowed to drive a car that is registered in my company's name.

Now last friday some pillock decided to drive into the back of me while i was stationary and speaking with my boss that night he said dont worry, we'll get it sorted asap.

Now 5 days later and its still not sorted even though the other guy admitted liability.

The problem is that the insurance co wants to pay out the money to the owner that is on the V5 logbook, i.e my company, and my boss wants nothing to do with that money because he says it will make his tax rate hike up and we'll have to pay a hefty sum of tax on that money.

And in the meantime i cannot even get a courtesy car, because the other guy's insurance wants to make a car in MY name, even though we told them that my insurance only covers me to drive a company car.

Please help!!!!