Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 19 August 2008, 10:40 AM
Larky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track Insurance

Hi Folks,

Can anyone point me in the direction of someone to insure me for a track weekend at the Nurburg. My insurance co has decided to stop doing cover for the Nurburg in Scoobys . I took the policy out in the first place because they offered track cover for £60.00 a day to then find out they have pulled the rug out from under my feet.

Cheers
Old 25 September 2008, 11:14 PM
fokkerjet
Scooby Newbie

A friend of mine did the Nurnburg ring recently in his Caterham. The track was a bit greasy and he spun it hitting an armco, and it bounced back and hit another one. No-one hurt, but the front of the car totally trashed and undrivable.

Car has had to be trailered back to the UK, the track had to be closed whilst they recovered the car and armco had to be replaced. I don't know if he has the bill yet, but you can see below it is going to cost an enormous amount of dosh!

Moral of the story, Get insurance for the Nurnburg Ring!

Base fee for attendance of armco truck: €150

Removing damaged armco: €10/metre (x2 or x3 or x4 for multiple-height sections)

Replacement armco: €31/metre (x2 or x3 for double/triple height)

Removing damaged armco posts: €5.10 each

Replacing armco post: €39 each

Safety car attendance: €82 per 30 mins (car + 2 people)

Circuit closure: €1,350 per hour

Recovery truck: €190 (inc VAT)

Hospital stay & air ambulance: Let's just say, do NOT go there without travel insurance! (Though a European Health Card - which replaced the E111 - may cover the hospital bit.)

Everything except the recovery truck is then subject to 19% VAT
Old 26 September 2008, 07:37 PM
Mark1983
Scooby Regular

Don't type Nurnburg into your sat nav, you'll end up a long way from Nurburg and the Nordschleife.

Nordschleife Touristenfahrten sessions i.e. public access, pay your 21 EUR and off you go are not track days. It's a public road however if it's a private trackday you're doing you can insure your car via companies like Moris and Competition Car Insurance for circa £300 but like the majority of trackday cover it's strictly the rolling chassis and doesn't cover you 3rd party.

I'm in the process to finding replacemnt cover myself after my insurance company printed in bold it excludes the Nordschleife on ym certificate.

I had a run in with the armco (in the wet) after >200 laps this year, it's not fun. Remember, every lap you do is one closer to your first accident.

ADAC (German) breakdown cover will recover you FOC from the Nordschleife, almost every UK breakdown company excludes it; AA et al.

Last edited by Mark1983; 26 September 2008 at 08:05 PM.