Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track day insurance

Search this Thread

Old 24 January 2002, 04:51 PM
Plantie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who is the best for getting track day insurance on top???

Norwich Union are limiting it to 6 events per yr.

Please advise.....
Old 25 January 2002, 08:40 AM
Rum*
Scooby Regular

Wink

Thought I'd just put a note in....as no one else seems to be

As discussed yesterday afternoon I understand that Eggar Lawson and maybe one other company (tho the name is lost somewhere between my ears) are the only companies that will cover "stand alone" Trackday Use.

With regard to Norwich Union....we have not been advised of this limit for our policyholders...tho to be fair, very few actually take part in more than 6 days in any one policy year...those that do...well thats something that we will sort out on their behalf

We are only able to offer Track cover for clients who hold a valid and upto date motor insurance policy with Norwich Union (via our agency)...and where the car insured on the policy is the car that will be being used on the Track. The underwriters will no allow policyholders to use other cars on Track - cover is for the full replacement value of the car - it covers ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE ONLY - i.e. if you hit someone else they have to claim off their own policy and equally if someone hits you...TUFF...you have to claim off your policy....I guess a sort of each to their own sort of scenario! Cover is limited to official track events, organised by drivers club, race tracks etc and being fully marshalled etc etc...

Driving is restricted to those accepted on the policy and in the event of a claim the excess is either....well...for cars upto £25k the excess is £1k....£25k - £50k value the excess is £2k.

It should also be noted the NU will NOT cover events outside the UK, cover is restricted to over 24 year olds, and if there has been a history of claims they have the right to decline cover on a "bad" experience" basis.

Hope this helps a little

All the best

Tom
Old 25 January 2002, 11:45 PM
sasim
Used to work here!!

As Rum said, Eggar Lawson aka Competition Car Insurance do stand alone policies

Stuart

[Edited by sasim - 1/25/2002 11:47:07 PM]
Old 11 July 2002, 04:14 PM
abradley
Scooby Regular

I know this is pushing it a bit, but do any of these insurers cover outside of the UK.. like.. Australia?

Thanks in advanced!