Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DO I LOSE MY NO CLAIMS BONUS?

Search this Thread

Old 09 February 2008, 10:36 AM
L33_WRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question DO I LOSE MY NO CLAIMS BONUS?

A women wrote of my scoob, admitted fault at the scene but now is disputing it. I've had my renewal through on a cheap run around I bought (a 01 Vectra 1.8) and it's £500 more than my 2002 WRX insurance was!!

Should I lose my NCB when the accident was not my fault?
Old 09 February 2008, 10:49 AM
Bicco
Scooby Regular

I think they will put your no claims on hold whilst the claim is sorted out. Unfortunatly you will have to pay more in the mean time, if its settled in your favour than you`ll get your no claims back.
Old 09 February 2008, 11:34 AM
L33_WRX
Scooby Regular

ah right - she is disputing though and renewal is soon. How do I stand getting insurance elsewhere?
Old 09 February 2008, 05:36 PM
Bicco
Scooby Regular

Think you would be in the same boat, new insurance company would want proof of no claims, the old company would not give this untill the claim is settled.
Old 09 February 2008, 08:55 PM
esp ltd
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bicco
I think they will put your no claims on hold whilst the claim is sorted out. Unfortunatly you will have to pay more in the mean time, if its settled in your favour than you`ll get your no claims back.
100% correct, been through this myself. The only problem you may encounter is that the other party pays out but does not accept liability. It may be wise to stay put with the same insurance company for renewal as you could thenargue that the payout is technically an admision of guilt.
Dave.
Old 10 February 2008, 10:36 AM
Gav1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by esp ltd
100% correct, been through this myself. The only problem you may encounter is that the other party pays out but does not accept liability. It may be wise to stay put with the same insurance company for renewal as you could thenargue that the payout is technically an admision of guilt.
Dave.
I deal with insurance claims for a living so for once i know what i'm talking about here .

If the third party insurers pay out in full ,whether they accept liability or whether they deal with it on a without prejudice basis your no claims will be reinstated. Its simply a case of your insurer getting their money back in full and they will then reimburse you any money youve overpaid on your premium and they will reinstate your ncd.

If youve got any witnesses to this woman accepting liability at the scene i would suggest getting there details to your insurer asap.

What were the accident circs? I'll see if i can give you an idea of how this may play out if you like.

Gav.
Old 11 February 2008, 10:47 AM
L33_WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gav1
I deal with insurance claims for a living so for once i know what i'm talking about here .

If the third party insurers pay out in full ,whether they accept liability or whether they deal with it on a without prejudice basis your no claims will be reinstated. Its simply a case of your insurer getting their money back in full and they will then reimburse you any money youve overpaid on your premium and they will reinstate your ncd.

If youve got any witnesses to this woman accepting liability at the scene i would suggest getting there details to your insurer asap.

What were the accident circs? I'll see if i can give you an idea of how this may play out if you like.

Gav.
PM sent
Old 11 February 2008, 10:56 AM
L33_WRX
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the info everyone