Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know about car insurance matters?

Search this Thread

Old 19 January 2002, 12:42 AM
golders
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Please can I have your advice on the following:

On Saturday 29th December 2001 the car I was driving was hit by another car.

My car at the time was parked in a Cul-de-sac and was stationary. The other vehicle made a three point turn and accidentally reverse in the side of my car.

The person in the car that hit me admitted it was his fault and reported it it his insurance company (Cornhill).

I reported the incident to my insurance company (Lancaster Insurance Services / Highway).

I am covered by TPFT only cover and so I am not able to claim against my insurance company.

I have since had estimates done on the car and the other persons insurance company (Cornhill) have been very good & helpful to deal with. They (Cornhill) even sent me a letter telling me the following: " Dear Sir, Please note that liability will not be an issue. Could you please contact ourselves to discuss the repairs as these can be arranged through our own approved repairers."

I have since forwarded a copy of this letter to my insurance company (Lancaster & Highway), which they have received.

I am now in the situation where I need to end my current policy (Lancaster) as I wish to use a different company to insure both myself & girlfriend as Lancaster will not allow me to do this with them as my girlfriend has not passed her test for the two years they require.

The problem is that my insurance company said they will not hand over my 4 years no claims bonus until the car repairs have been paid for by Cornhill.

This leaves me in the difficult situation of insuring my car with a new insurer (i.e. Tesco) with 0 NCB (when I am entitled to 4yrs NCB). I have spoken to Cornhill about this and they said my insurance company (Lancaster) was being daft as there would not be any claim my against my policy.

Can I force my insurance company (Lancaster) to hand over my 4yrs NCB? I am worried as the car needs to be taxed at the end of this month and obviously I need to get my new insurance policy sorted before I can tax the vehicle.
Any advice please (sorry for long post!) Had to get it out my system!

Old 19 January 2002, 07:58 AM
Rum*
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you want to chat through it with me give me a call...I am heading down south this morning so can be caught in the car...but it will be noisy so might be hard to hear etc etc (07798 762285)

Best thing is to give us a shout on Monday...in the office (0113 250 0377)....speak to either John or myself and we will try and assist.

All the best

Tom