Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Proof of no claims

Search this Thread

Old 13 January 2002, 07:23 PM
phm
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Advice needed - I've just swapped insurance companies because my brokers left a lot to be desired. Basically, my new company haven't recieved my Proof of No-claims because the old brokers haven't got there act together.
Where do i stand legally?? and [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 13 January 2002, 07:27 PM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Talking

Your new insurance company should be able to phone your old broker for a Verbal confirmation.

I trust you didnt receive a renewal cost from your old company as the NCD applicable is normally mentioned on this but may be limited to a maximum of 5 years.
Old 13 January 2002, 09:27 PM
Rum*
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

You should have received the original Proof of No Claims Discount from your previous Brokers with your renewal documentation...however, some companies see it to be their right not to send this out to the clients...sort of gives them a second chance to offer an alternative deal at renewal...

As stated above, if you contact your new broker (I don't think its us...) and advise them of the situation, and if possible give them your previous brokers tel no...and even better your previous insurance co's tel.no and policy number, they should be able to get verbal confirmation.

Failing this, you can ring your old insurance company and request they send the No Claims Discount direct to you...

If you have a problem getting hold of telephone numbers for the old ins co....give me a shout tomorrow and I'll see if I can help out

All the best

Tom