Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 cars into one policy

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2007, 07:46 AM
bigmac
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 3 cars into one policy

All 3 cars have different renewal dates and all are with Norwich Union, for now. I was wondering if I would get a better deal if I move them all to a new company and at the same time this would syncronise them all to have the same renewal date.

current renewal dates are:
====================
Subaru (grey import) - due now
Volvo 1 - due September 07
Volvo 2 - due April 08
Breakdown cover (covers all 3 cars) - due April 08

I know I would have to take the initial hit of the awful policy refund given by Norwich on Volvo 1 and Volvo 2. But, I am hoping that over time I will recoup this lost amount due to being able to change all 3 cars to whoever is offering the "best deal" for me, each year at renewal time.

Is this a sound idea? Or have I missed a pitfall? If you think it will work, do you know of the best companies that do this type of multi-car insurance (inc grey imports).

regards, Mark.
Old 25 May 2007, 08:18 AM
scoobynewbie72
Scooby Regular

Ive got 3 cars on a Policy with Liverpool Victoria.
Old 25 May 2007, 09:29 AM
bigmac
Scooby Regular

Just tried LV. They didn't have a 1998 4 door wrx sti on their system (I know they exist as I drive ine every week!). As they couldn't give me a quote on this car,I couldn't proceed with them, as I want to insure all 3 cars.

Just sent an email to A-plan. Waiting for them to call me....
Old 25 May 2007, 11:57 AM
maclean2
Scooby Regular

Hi try Admiral Multicar as you should be able to add the cars as they reach the renewal dates so you should not waste any premium this way.

I believe they insure JDM/grey market cars OK.
Old 25 May 2007, 02:15 PM
BlueSimon
Scooby Regular

I had two cars with admiral and now have the same two cars with a-Plan, i must point out these two companies have given me TWO separate policies (one for each car) and the only advantage is a little more discount.

So i dont know what LV do, but ive not seen a policy that isnt business based that has more than one car.

If anyone knows better, please correct me.

Simon

BTW i moved from admiral because they tried to put my policy(s) up by 40% in the second year!

Last edited by BlueSimon; 25 May 2007 at 02:27 PM.
Old 25 May 2007, 03:36 PM
scoobynewbie72
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BlueSimon
I had two cars with admiral and now have the same two cars with a-Plan, i must point out these two companies have given me TWO separate policies (one for each car) and the only advantage is a little more discount.

So i dont know what LV do, but ive not seen a policy that isnt business based that has more than one car.

If anyone knows better, please correct me.

Simon

BTW i moved from admiral because they tried to put my policy(s) up by 40% in the second year!
Hi I have the 3 cars on 1 policy, the three certificates carry the same policy number etc, I have seperate discounts for each car and totally protected, Its only a SDP + commuting to and from work,
Ive had a buisness policy before but just for a works van but Liverpool Vic dont do any buisness policies anyway.
The Insurance is with Frizzel if that helps, Ive had 2 cars on the policy for about 5 years and added the scooby back in Feb time,
Also 1 of the cars on the policy is heavily modded which they covered with no problems, (one mod is Nos and they didnt bat a eye when i told them)
Sometimes a Insurance company will look at ur history etc and just say they dont wanna do it,
Ive a mate who rang up LV(he is under 23) to insure a scooby, they told him they didnt cover this type of car but I know of 5 other people who are with them with Subarus so i think it can sometimes be the telephone operator that say no as they dont understand how to put a Import into there system.
Old 26 May 2007, 03:01 PM
bigmac
Scooby Regular

Went with Admiral in the end.

Subaru - £713 Norwich renewal went to £449.
Volvo 1 - £403 went to £196 !!!
Volvo 2 - £636 went to £393 !!!

Saved £714.

Plus, no need to cancel my Norwich policies. I just move them to Admiral as and when they expire with Norwich.

Admiral policies include like4like european cover on all cars (I think Norwich charge extra for this privelege).

Plus, Greg, who I dealt with was very effecient and explained everything.

Thanks for all you help.