Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insurance Q's

Search this Thread

Old 24 January 2007, 11:01 AM
michaelro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance Q's

Never sold a car privately before.

1) When you are selling your car - What is the rule regarding allowing someone a test drive?

I assume they are covered by their own insurance - But that would only be third party - What if they prang it?

Would you expect someone to get a days cover to drive your car (Would also help weed out tyre kickers)?

2)I know trade people have trade insurance - But what about private - Can you have insurance for you to drive no matter what car?

What companies do this?
Is it expensive?
Old 24 January 2007, 12:09 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Simple answer, don't let anyone drive the car unless thay can prove it is covered fully comprehensive. Also be warned a lot of policies now no longer cover other cars as 3rd party as a matter of course.
Old 25 January 2007, 08:31 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

Originally Posted by michaelro
Never sold a car privately before.

1) When you are selling your car - What is the rule regarding allowing someone a test drive?

I assume they are covered by their own insurance - But that would only be third party - What if they prang it?

Would you expect someone to get a days cover to drive your car (Would also help weed out tyre kickers)?

2)I know trade people have trade insurance - But what about private - Can you have insurance for you to drive no matter what car?

What companies do this?
Is it expensive?
The only way they will covered to drive your car comprehensive is you get them named on your policy or they have a Traders policy.

simb