Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

STI insurance help

Search this Thread

Old 11 January 2007, 01:10 AM
Dave94sti
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STI insurance help

righty peeps after insuring my 94 sti last year with bell for ludacris amount of £2500 i ended up selling car as assumed insurance would be too high again. anyway turns out mate is selling car now so thought id give insurance another go. went to keith michaels who could only come up with £2200! there must be a way im 23 with 3yrs ncb on fully cat 1'ed 94sti with alloys and exhaust. any help or places to point me to would be much appreciated guys, cheers
Old 11 January 2007, 09:04 AM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave94sti
righty peeps after insuring my 94 sti last year with bell for ludacris amount of £2500 i ended up selling car as assumed insurance would be too high again. anyway turns out mate is selling car now so thought id give insurance another go. went to keith michaels who could only come up with £2200! there must be a way im 23 with 3yrs ncb on fully cat 1'ed 94sti with alloys and exhaust. any help or places to point me to would be much appreciated guys, cheers
Did you speak to me (Gary Moulson)
Old 11 January 2007, 05:28 PM
T_H_E__c_R_O_W
Scooby Regular

try eCar
Old 11 January 2007, 05:33 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

was gonna say under 25 is hard to insure for cheap but give gary a ring and see what he can do since you have no claims and have a driving history with the car
Old 11 January 2007, 07:31 PM
Dave94sti
Scooby Newbie

last year when i rung round and paid the crippling 2.5k i was told by quite a few companies this was obviously because it was a high performance car but as long as drive it for a year with no claims/convictions you can basically half that next year which is why i went for it. i ended up selling at to get a house after one year but now my mate is selling it and money is ok(ish) thought id get a few quotes just incase it was affordable to me again will keep trying cheers for company ideas guys
(gary yes i did speak to you the other day was the guy from east grinstead)
Old 12 January 2007, 03:12 PM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Hi Dave,

It sounds like the problem could be current performance vehicle driving experience.

The original Insurer (the £2.5k one) was correct in as much as they were probably loading you for not owning the vehicle for 12mths, this would have been reduced at renewal.

Your problem will be that you will be back to square one as youre effectively starting from scratch in experience terms.

There are companies that can help, but unless you've driven a vehicle of reasonable performance ie. 170ish + BHP for the last 12 months you're facing the scenario described above.

Kind regards

Tony
Old 12 January 2007, 06:52 PM
T_H_E__c_R_O_W
Scooby Regular

intresting, and i agree, but why have i never been asked my driving history when getting quotes? Only ever get asked about this car.