Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car hit 20 weeks ago!!

Search this Thread

Old 30 November 2006, 10:05 AM
scoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Car hit 20 weeks ago!!

Hi all,

My car was hit 20 weeks ago by another car when it was parked on the side of the road MY99. It is being dealt with by a third party non fault claim company (helphire). I still have not had it back. Do you think I would have a claim for compensation as a repair should never take this long.

I have paid insurance and tax etc for 6 months, plus the inconvinience.

Thinking about going to a solicitor for legal advice.

My insurance broker advertises on here.

Any advice appreciated.

Regards

James
Old 30 November 2006, 10:10 AM
Sti_Prodrive
Scooby Regular

Location: LONDON MANDEM - At Da V-Power Petty Station Fillin Up
hmm shouldnt take this long mate, i think its best if you do go find some advice ! let us know how it go's.
Old 30 November 2006, 10:38 AM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

SEE POST #8

Last edited by Moley; 30 November 2006 at 12:59 PM.
Old 30 November 2006, 11:38 AM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2

As posted on the other thread.....the delay is down to the other persons insurers not giving the go ahead to get the car fixed....which is out of Helphire's hands

Might be the case , but isn't 20 weeks a bit long for the guy to be waiting ,shouldn't someone at his insurance company be putting a bit more pressure on here

Last edited by IN THE STICKS; 30 November 2006 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Edited ...see post 8
Old 30 November 2006, 12:17 PM
scoobywrxuk300
Scooby Regular

They are takin the pi55 fella... Id ask your insurance company to add this length of time its taken, to to policy renewal date... as for your tax, id add this fact to your claim... 20 weeks did you read the post I put up 2 weeks ago, On an ins co, sending a witness letter to their insured, for them to hand to me personally at my address...? Its 2 weeks down the line, I have not been able to work, as my daughter was sexually assaulted 6 months ago, and these thugs attending my home one day, assaulting me in front of my young daughter has now ruined all the hard work id put into getting her back on an even keel...! Im still waiting for a sensible responce from the co involved.. Try ringing the ins omsbudsman... they will be able to advise you correctly....!

ADVICE please, WHERE DO I STAND? page 14 now i think

Last edited by scoobywrxuk300; 30 November 2006 at 12:25 PM.
Old 30 November 2006, 12:20 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Last edited by Moley; 30 November 2006 at 12:47 PM.
Old 30 November 2006, 12:44 PM
Sweepickit
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
Seeing i only found out today that there was a problem there wasn't much i could do, and even then it was because i read it here.....no phone calls to advise me he has waited so long.

Even then all i can do is ask the other persons insurers to hurry up

When I had my scoob written off in the summer it seemed like there were too many points of contact to be dealing with... The broker (who was in reality out of the circle), The insurer, The insurer's claims handlers (helphire) and their buddies Angel Assistance. Right until the claim was settled in full in my favour, the insurer didn't have a clue what was going on... kept writing and asking for info I'd already sent. I'd ring them... they'd update their system... and send another letter requesting the info again.

Got to say imho it isn't the brokers job to be chasing claims... that's what helphire are there for. I'd get on their case to push it all through!
Old 30 November 2006, 12:48 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Have edited my posts on here as i don't want this looking bad on me or Keith Michaels.........as it isn't anything to do with us, it is with a different broker who advertise on here

Last edited by Moley; 30 November 2006 at 12:54 PM.
Old 30 November 2006, 01:31 PM
Izzy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyfella
Hi all,

My car was hit 20 weeks ago by another car when it was parked on the side of the road MY99. It is being dealt with by a third party non fault claim company (helphire).

James

Do you have a free hire care from them? If not you can addan £80 per week "loss of use & inconvenience" amount to your claim from the other party.

If Helphire are dealing with the claim they may be having trouble getting commitment / money from the other party's insurers to complete your repairs. Helphire are NOT insurers and can not pay for your repairs on your behalf without at least some form of commitment from the third party.

If I were you, I'd ring Helphire & ask them to explain whats going on....
Old 01 December 2006, 03:53 PM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Hi Scoobyfella,

Just seen your post and the problems that you've experienced, along with MoleyWRX mentioning that you were covered by someone that "advertise" on here.

I have trawled our database and also checked our diary/complaint log, but cannot find any note of problems of this nature.

Which presumably means that youre not currently via Greenlight and it must be another advertiser on here.

The guys on here are offering valid opinions, but if you need a hand or some impartial advice, simply PM me.

Kind regards

Tony
Old 01 December 2006, 04:53 PM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

my car is at mo in garage having insurance repair work done, the only trouble i had was a hire car, apart from that everything has been fine. insurance company hasnt really spoke to me but i know where my car is being repaired so i have called in to see the progress. great service in my opinion
Old 13 December 2006, 01:37 PM
scoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Good news folks, I got my car back the other day after 22 weeks, yes 22!! Seems to be ok so that's good. Unfortunately, HELPHIRE who organised the repair don't understand what my problem is with waiting 22 weeks, they have told me to take it up with the garage who did the repairs, they don't want to know either as I wasn't their client, helphire was.

I know I have no backing from a legal point of view as no offence has been committed, but thought I would contact the insurance ombudsman to see what they think. At worst I would like an explanation or apology or even if they only accepted there was a problem and they could learn from it. But they are not interested one bit about my opinion. I'm absolutely amazed about the whole thing.

James
Old 13 December 2006, 01:37 PM
scoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Good news folks, I got my car back the other day after 22 weeks, yes 22!! Seems to be ok so that's good. Unfortunately, HELPHIRE who organised the repair don't understand what my problem is with waiting 22 weeks, they have told me to take it up with the garage who did the repairs, they don't want to know either as I wasn't their client, helphire was.

I know I have no backing from a legal point of view as no offence has been committed, but thought I would contact the insurance ombudsman to see what they think. At worst I would like an explanation or apology or even if they only accepted there was a problem and they could learn from it. But they are not interested one bit about my opinion. I'm absolutely amazed about the whole thing.

James