Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Proof of Cat 1 security?

Search this Thread

Old 10 August 2006, 01:56 PM
ricardo_wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proof of Cat 1 security?

Just had my re-newal through. The underwriters requre proof of no claims (fair enough) and proof that the Cat 1 security is fitted. Duh, its factory fitted. All i have done is photocopy the security specification out of the owners alarm manual and got my friendly local dealer to sign and stamp it.

Has anyone else had to do something similar?
Old 10 August 2006, 02:03 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

some companys want the proof, norm if its an aftermarket system, the cert says its been installed by a proper installer and is functioning properly, just tells them the system is working pretty much
Old 10 August 2006, 02:52 PM
HomerJunior
Scooby Regular

I had to do it recently when changing insurance companys! Cost around £50. They check the alarm and put it through it paces to make sure it is working and then give you a bit of paper saying so!

I have a MY99 and was told this was the change over date from when the alarm was factory fitted so the insurance company would not accept the alarm had been fitted as standard and therefore was an accesory.

Won't be losing that certificate though!!!!

Originally Posted by ricardo_wrx
Just had my re-newal through. The underwriters requre proof of no claims (fair enough) and proof that the Cat 1 security is fitted. Duh, its factory fitted. All i have done is photocopy the security specification out of the owners alarm manual and got my friendly local dealer to sign and stamp it.

Has anyone else had to do something similar?
Old 10 August 2006, 05:24 PM
moto
Scooby Regular

I had to do this for my MY02 WRX, which seemed strange to me too as it was factory fitted. I have owned mine from new and found my Thatcham Cat 1 securtity certificate among the original paper work from the sale.
Old 10 August 2006, 07:41 PM
ricardo_wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moto
I had to do this for my MY02 WRX, which seemed strange to me too as it was factory fitted. I have owned mine from new and found my Thatcham Cat 1 securtity certificate among the original paper work from the sale.
I didnt have the certificate, just the manual page with all the technical buff. I'll send that off and see waht happens?
Cheers guys