Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A-Plan

Search this Thread

Old 27 June 2006, 08:15 AM
Mac7611
Scooby Regular

Location: From Paris to Berlin and every Scooby i've been in...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up A-Plan

Had a quote from A-Plan about a month ago to insure the scoob, the figure I got was pretty resonable I thought, so added them to the short list. Couple of weeks later I phoned Gary @ Keith Michaels to see what they could do as he is regarded so highly here on SN. He said the A-Plan quote was very good and he might not be able to beat it. However 10 minutes later, he came back with a quote that was £25 cheaper. Not a lot cheaper, but as we all know in the world of insurance every penny counts.

Yesterday morning I thought I would give A-Plan another call after reading some of the posts that had been made over the last few days. Well, it was difinately worth the call... not only were they cheaper than the original quote, they came in over £50 cheaper than Keith Michaels

So, looks like A-Plan have another new customer

James
Old 27 June 2006, 09:01 AM
Neil W
Scooby Regular

I had a similar experience. My renewal came through from A-Plan which was initially quite high so I gave them a call and they reduced it considerably. Then spoke to KM who beat the A-Plan quote by a further £50.

In the end A-Plan matched the KM quote but with lower excess. My final premium was almost £200 less than the original renewal.
Old 29 June 2006, 08:47 AM
Mac7611
Scooby Regular

Location: From Paris to Berlin and every Scooby i've been in...

Set up my policy yesterday with Darren @ A-Plan, all done quickly and easily over the phone so just waiting for the paperwork to come thru the post. I am currently insured with Bell, and when I phoned them to say I wouldn't be renewing my policy due to the cost, I think the guy nearly fell off his chair when I told him how much A-Plan had quoted - nearly half the price!! He said that in 7 years of working in insurance he had never known such a big difference in price

Well their loss is certainly mine and A-Plans gain, lets just hope its even cheaper next year

James
Old 29 June 2006, 08:26 PM
James Neill
Scooby Senior

Yeah - just taken out a Policy with A-Plan. Very reasonable.
Old 30 June 2006, 01:04 PM
scoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Yea me too, with 2 vehicles. Great stuff.

James