Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best laugh I've had in ages.... cheers LV!

Search this Thread

Old 25 February 2006, 03:35 PM
talizman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Best laugh I've had in ages.... cheers LV!

I sold my Scoob a couple of months ago, and at the time of selling my renewal from Elephant was £750 ish.... 28 years old, Glasgow post code, 5 yeard NCD, garaged etc etc.

Anyway, I got a letter from LV yesterday stating....

Dear Sir,

We note from our records that you obtained a motor quotation this time last year based on Subaru Impreza WRX yadda yadda....

anyway, they said, "we have taken it upon ourselves to provide you with a competitive renewal quotation for you....."

£2400

Is this a wind-up?

"Competitive"?...... Trade Descriptions Act springs to mind!

Numpties!

I remember a time when they were raved about.....
Old 25 February 2006, 04:18 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

L&V were £720 for me (roughly same age as you), but that was up £70 from last year. Ended up with Bell Direct for £420, although that was with a heavy discount with my Mum (50 & works for NHS) on the policy.

They obviously don't want your business now.
Old 25 February 2006, 04:28 PM
talizman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ozzy
L&V were £720 for me (roughly same age as you), but that was up £70 from last year. Ended up with Bell Direct for £420, although that was with a heavy discount with my Mum (50 & works for NHS) on the policy.

They obviously don't want your business now.
They've never had my business bud, and never will

I'm 28, 5 yrs NCD, wife on policy, no claims, accidents or convictions, "cheap" occupation , standard WRX, garaged, CAT 1 alarm and tracker and garaged, Glasgow postcode.

The only possible reason to hike my premium is the city postcode yet Elephant, Admiral, Direct Line, Bell Direct at all could quote me £700-£800.

LV are a joke, bottom line.

Last edited by talizman; 25 February 2006 at 04:31 PM.
Old 25 February 2006, 09:38 PM
chrisola
Scooby Regular

i think all those years of not charging boy racers extra for having mods on their cars are finally catching up to LV!!

They were always mentioned on the Saxo forums and in Max Power etc as being great and very modification friendly
Old 26 February 2006, 12:25 AM
talizman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chrisola
i think all those years of not charging boy racers extra for having mods on their cars are finally catching up to LV!!

They were always mentioned on the Saxo forums and in Max Power etc as being great and very modification friendly
And on here!

Many Scoob owners on here with 18's or 19's, suspension, exhausts, remaps, ice etc etc paying the same premium as a bog standard car, so very possible that they have finally stopped making every day Christmas for performance car drivers.
Old 27 February 2006, 12:01 PM
Jolley
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by talizman
And on here!

Many Scoob owners on here with 18's or 19's, suspension, exhausts, remaps, ice etc etc paying the same premium as a bog standard car, so very possible that they have finally stopped making every day Christmas for performance car drivers.
They actually will not insure modified vehicles now. I phoned them earlier, and they would only stretch to alloy wheels or a tow-bar!!
Old 27 February 2006, 12:35 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by talizman
And on here!

L&V were very good to me when I first insured my Impreza, very competitive and I got a 2 years for one introductory NCB policy too. I'm most grateful to them. Regretably, when it came to renewal time, the quote was no longer competitive- it'd not increased significantly, but crucially, it'd not come down to reflect my NCB. I enquired as to why and the operator said that regretably they'd reclassified group 17+ cars and were now most likely not the best option for me. Was gateful for her honesty.

Phones Gary at KM and saved £400! Very happy with KM, but remain grateful to L&V who I maintain WERE a good company to insure scoobies with. Probably a victim of their own success.

Ns04
Old 28 February 2006, 09:45 AM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
L&V were very good to me when I first insured my Impreza, very competitive and I got a 2 years for one introductory NCB policy too. I'm most grateful to them. Regretably, when it came to renewal time, the quote was no longer competitive- it'd not increased significantly, but crucially, it'd not come down to reflect my NCB. I enquired as to why and the operator said that regretably they'd reclassified group 17+ cars and were now most likely not the best option for me. Was gateful for her honesty.

Phones Gary at KM and saved £400! Very happy with KM, but remain grateful to L&V who I maintain WERE a good company to insure scoobies with. Probably a victim of their own success.

Ns04

Nice post mate..

As we well know, Insurers come and go and are not always able to remain competitive for you. Your philosophical outlook in relation to LV is good to hear.

Top Bloke
Old 28 February 2006, 01:40 PM
Jolley
Scooby Regular

Just an update (slight thread hijack!).....

Clicked on the Green light sponsorship banner and Greenlight have quoted me £750 fully comp on the slightly modified MY06 WRX that I am due to pick up on the 20th March.

Direct Line, who I am currently with, were going to charge me slightly more than the £1100 I am currently paying for a slightly modified MY03 WRX.
Old 28 February 2006, 08:30 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Tony@Greenlight
Nice post mate..

As we well know, Insurers come and go and are not always able to remain competitive for you. Your philosophical outlook in relation to LV is good to hear.

Top Bloke
Ta,

No point in taking these things personally- sometimes good things have to come to an end- the L&V gravy train seemed unsustainable to me and too many of the people on here; I guess we were right.

Ns04
Old 04 March 2006, 04:35 PM
Scooby300
Scooby Regular

LV are crap now days, started off with a few mods on my 2001 WRX, no increase for them. no tracker needed - good quote.

now won't even cover a add on spoiler

Last edited by Scooby300; 30 March 2006 at 07:36 PM.
Old 04 March 2006, 06:08 PM
maclean2
Scooby Regular

Hi - LV still have their uses. Admittedly I am hundreds of years old but they cover my everyday drive for 40k per year.It is a Clio DCI 80 and I have 9 points. How much did they charge me last November not £300.00 or £250.00 or £200.00 but £180.00. Can't be bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04 March 2006, 07:46 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LV are fine with me too ..... Impreza Turbo = £350 - with business use.

But, they will not allow mods. ..... not even a backbox!

Pete