Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What cover do you require?
Cheap as chips, forget the service
50.00%
Good service for a few dollars more
50.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Cheap or Quality?

Search this Thread

Old 08 December 2005, 08:18 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Cheap or Quality?

Right, my first attempt at a poll.......

After reading some recent posts about insurance cover and cost, it appears that people are taking very cheap policies, and then getting very upset when they have recieved bad service.

So i was wondering what people prefer....a cheap as chips policy where you might not get the cover or service you require, or pay slightly more and get a very good policy, and super service?

Last edited by Moley; 08 December 2005 at 08:20 PM.
Old 08 December 2005, 09:43 PM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd favour the cheapest price from a company i'd heard of. At the end of the day beggers can't be choosers when the words subaru and young-driver are used in the same sentence.
Old 09 December 2005, 10:18 AM
pete1976
Scooby Regular

I suspect people will vote for the quality service but when it actually comes to it and they're given the prices it's a different matter.

Anyway from what I can see you give cheap prices AND good service at Keith Michaels!
Old 09 December 2005, 10:26 AM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by pete1976
I suspect people will vote for the quality service but when it actually comes to it and they're given the prices it's a different matter.

Anyway from what I can see you give cheap prices AND good service at Keith Michaels!
Old 09 December 2005, 01:02 PM
Fangoria
Scooby Regular

I always go for the cheapest I can get.
Never made a claim and hopefully wont need to.
I got a policy with the wife with NUDirect and by putting in a huge excess got the premium right down - she's never had any claims either in 14 years - NU are the only insurance company I know where you can have a £1k excess to lower your premium and it lowers it significantly.

My basis is that the quality of service is always invariably crap and insurance is just a commodity like any other

With A Plan I had to call them about 5 times before I received any paperwork and a certificate - so much for the 14 day cooling off period! - I was 2 months into the policy before I finally got any paperwork at all

For places like LV/Frizzell, every person you rang had a different answer to a question!

and for other firms most wont quote for me -so its got to the point now where I dont ring around once I have what I think is a reasonable quote - my cars highly modded (over 400bhp, which I dont think is much for what is supposed to be an insurance group20 car anyway (why do most companies not quote on a modded group20 car? - after its modded it should still be a group 20 car!) - which means that for 99% of insurance companies I dont get a competitive quote (and that includes Keith Michaels, Greenlight, etc)
Old 14 December 2005, 01:43 PM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

[quote=Fangoria]

With A Plan I had to call them about 5 times before I received any paperwork and a certificate - so much for the 14 day cooling off period! - I was 2 months into the policy before I finally got any paperwork at all

[quote]

Hi Fangoria,

Technically, the 'cooling off' period of 14 days starts from the date that you receive full policy information, which would enable you to see the ins & outs of the policy and to make an informed purchase decision, not just 14 days from the start of the policy.

We explain the ins & outs over the phone and ask if theres anything in particular thats important to our customer, then despatch the full policy booklet along with a key facts summary and our terms & conditions on day one.

Which allows all customers to understand exactly what they're buying & they can then have effective use of the 14 day cooling off period.

Kind regards

Tony