Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crash,Bang & where's it gone???

Search this Thread

Old 02 September 2005, 07:33 PM
veilsidewrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crash,Bang & where's it gone???

Help!!

The girlfriend drives a BMW 323i Convertible,yr 2000,last month she spun it in the wet causing £7k damage & losing her ncb.
She was without her car for just over a month while it was being repaired but 4 days after she got it back it was stolen from the towns annual fair last week.She took the car because my 5yr old son is lazy & wouldn't walk.

She parked it in what she thought was a very safe area just off the main road besides a minor train station along with many other cars & when she returned it was gone.

Now she is starting to worry because an insurance investigator has been on the phone & she said his manner was basically "interrogation".
How long you had the car?=6 months
What did you own before?=BMW coupe,Audi S3,Golf GTI,etc
Do you always park there?=Er,no
Why only 1 key?=Only 1 supplied with car.
I see your renewals up soon,can you afford it?=Yes
Does it have a tracker?=it did when new but don't know if its still fitted?
Why dont you find out?=Why dont you or the poilce find out?

I'll admit it does look sus considering she had it back 4 days but she said the recovery people looked like a couple of "dodgy's" & how safe are accident repairers these days?and she had just filled up with unleaded & when she picked the car up it was running in the red.

BMW's are supposed to have chipped keys so has someone had access to the key & how easy are they to obtain?should there not be a record if someone has?
Sad thing is she only got 1 key when she bought the car from a garage,so she looks even more sus.

Thing is can the insurer refuse to pay out?Because she is currently car-less,paying insurance,gutted & now ****ting her pants..if so on what grounds?and can you appeal or take them to court?

Anyone got any sensible advice??

And no shes not driving the scooby anymore. There is a bus stop across the street.
Old 03 September 2005, 01:04 AM
AVI-8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by veilsidewrx
Help!!

The girlfriend drives a BMW 323i Convertible,yr 2000,last month she spun it in the wet causing £7k damage & losing her ncb.
She was without her car for just over a month while it was being repaired but 4 days after she got it back it was stolen from the towns annual fair last week.She took the car because my 5yr old son is lazy & wouldn't walk.

She parked it in what she thought was a very safe area just off the main road besides a minor train station along with many other cars & when she returned it was gone.

Now she is starting to worry because an insurance investigator has been on the phone & she said his manner was basically "interrogation".
How long you had the car?=6 months
What did you own before?=BMW coupe,Audi S3,Golf GTI,etc
Do you always park there?=Er,no
Why only 1 key?=Only 1 supplied with car.
I see your renewals up soon,can you afford it?=Yes
Does it have a tracker?=it did when new but don't know if its still fitted?
Why dont you find out?=Why dont you or the poilce find out?

I'll admit it does look sus considering she had it back 4 days but she said the recovery people looked like a couple of "dodgy's" & how safe are accident repairers these days?and she had just filled up with unleaded & when she picked the car up it was running in the red.

BMW's are supposed to have chipped keys so has someone had access to the key & how easy are they to obtain?should there not be a record if someone has?
Sad thing is she only got 1 key when she bought the car from a garage,so she looks even more sus.

Thing is can the insurer refuse to pay out?Because she is currently car-less,paying insurance,gutted & now ****ting her pants..if so on what grounds?and can you appeal or take them to court?

Anyone got any sensible advice??

And no shes not driving the scooby anymore. There is a bus stop across the street.
No if the car was insured and it was nicked then they must pay out.

They are legally obligated to pay out.

I used to own a car hire company and this sort of investigation is not unusual during a theft claim, i had to deal with a private investigator on two occasions with nicked vehicles.

Tell her not to worry -- although wait till she has to insure another car after two large claims close together, it ain't going to be cheap.
Old 03 September 2005, 06:55 PM
veilsidewrx
Scooby Regular

Cheap insurance is a definate no no!!

And she want a CLK convertible now. I just laughed.
Thanks for the info mate.

Originally Posted by AVI-8
No if the car was insured and it was nicked then they must pay out.

They are legally obligated to pay out.

I used to own a car hire company and this sort of investigation is not unusual during a theft claim, i had to deal with a private investigator on two occasions with nicked vehicles.

Tell her not to worry -- although wait till she has to insure another car after two large claims close together, it ain't going to be cheap.