Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Try A Quote "Subaru Impreza" £588.

Search this Thread

Old 02 September 2005, 12:14 AM
John1uk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Try A-Quote "Subaru Impreza" £588.

Try A-Quote guys.

We have had prices from 700+ to 1400 with mods.

so i rang a company called A Quote " 0870 4446333"

we got it down to £588.31 Fully comp

excess £350

MY98

Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000 awd wagon

mods included where 18 Alloys, sti body kit, tinted windows.

5years ncb protected.

Gives these a ring.

I hope you get a good deal.

Last edited by John1uk; 02 September 2005 at 03:48 PM.
Old 02 September 2005, 07:50 PM
scooby_matt
Scooby Regular

My mate's just cancelled his policy with them, they don't know their **** from their elbow.
Wouldn't have them if they were free
Old 06 September 2005, 11:10 AM
John1uk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by John1uk
Try A-Quote guys.

We have had prices from 700+ to 1400 with mods.

so i rang a company called A Quote " 0870 4446333"

we got it down to £588.31 Fully comp

excess £350

MY98

Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000 awd wagon

mods included where 18 Alloys, sti body kit, tinted windows.

5years ncb protected.

Gives these a ring.

I hope you get a good deal.
6/9/05 Ammended

Dont Give this company a call guys.

We have learnt the hard way.

We had a quote with mods for £588. Ladie driver and owner.

When we got forms through post, we noticed the mods box was ticked as NO mods. We phoned them and after a 2 weeks of argueing they have agreed to cancell the policy and charge us £26 for there mistake. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

after arguing with them again they have agreed to waive the fee.

DONT USE A-QUOTE The are FULL OF Pants.
Old 08 September 2005, 09:30 AM
John1uk
Scooby Regular

here is a letter i have sent recordeddelivery to A-QUOTE.

Reference No: A848816/2

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing this letter to inform you how disgusted in the way you company has dealt with my policy.

I was advised by a friend who owns a Subaru Impreza to try you out for a quote, as they had had a good deal from you.

I telephoned your company 2 weeks ago for a quote; I told the gentleman concerned that my Subaru had modifications.

18” alloy wheels.

STI Body Kit.

Tinted Windows.

The gentleman, who was taking the call, gave me a quote of £588.31. I said to him does this include the mods that I had told him, and he said Yes.

So I continued with the deposit and a month’s instalment.

3 Days later I received my policy and as I checked it I was somewhat bemused to see that the modifications box was not ticked.

I immediately rang your company on the Friday morning 26/8/05 at 9.15am, and spoke to a lady called Carly. I told her that the insurance details that have been sent by your company are wrong, and that the modification that I had told them was not ticked. Carly Apologised and said she would get it sorted out ASAP, I said to Carly that as you have recorded messages, you could go back to the message I had with the gentleman that gave me the quote, and you would hear me and my wife say what modifications and the gentleman say back to us what the mods where and how much the quote is.

On the 31/8/05 I again phoned your company and spoke to Michael Parker at 5.30pm.

I explained to him what was going on and he said sorry to me and that someone was going to get in touch with me before the end of the week. I said to Mr Parker that the calls are recorded and he agreed with me and said that if I said what is true, then you would hear on the telephone call to A-Quote that I said we had mods.

Mr Parker then said he needed to speak to someone and put me on hold for about 3-5 mins. He came back and assured me that if that was true to what I said about the mods, then A-quote would be responsible and have to give me the quote of £588.31. The insurance would be amended and then A-quote would have to cough up the extra monies if any.

On the 5/9/05 I spoke to a Lady called Harriot. She told me that the claim was being dealt with.

Then I spoke to a lady called Selina on the same day at 11am, she told me that the recorded messages are for training purposes only. A-quote would not be able to trace the call. When I had finished the call with selina I again spoke to harriot. Who informed me that I would have to pay an extra £400 + pound for the insurance.

Cough Cough.

Correct me if I’m wrong but who gave me a quote for £588.31 including mods.

Who kept coming up with excuses after excuses every time I telephoned you.

I feel that your company has made a mistake and are trying to make it look like I am lying or haven’t said the mods at all. If you listened to the recorded message when I was given the quote you would hear me and then my wife say what mods we had, and the gentleman tell us the quote which was £588.31 included the said mods.

You should honour the quote, like Mr Parker had stated.

Instead I want a full refund of my deposit and 1st months instalment, and no charge of £26 which harriot agreed.

Infact everytime I asked to speak to customers service about my complaint the complaints managers where always busy on the telephone.

This says a lot about your crap company. Either your complaints procedure doesn’t exsist, or you have a hell of a lot of complaints.

Regards

1 Very Pi55ed of ex-customer.

John Taylor

A-Quote = A company that tries to get you to sign on the dotted line and fill you full of s#it.

Last edited by John1uk; 08 September 2005 at 09:32 AM.
Old 08 September 2005, 10:26 AM
scooby_matt
Scooby Regular

Good luck mate, it's like dealing with a bunch of chimps with these jokers