Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

L&V Renewal - Good story!!

Search this Thread

Old 26 August 2005, 02:35 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up L&V Renewal - Good story!!

Got the renewal through covering wife and I on an unmodded classic. Premium was about 10 % less than last year and they have dropped my excess a bit too.

Wife turned 30 last year though so that might help. She rang up to sort the renewal and being a cheeky thing, was asking if there was any way to get it cheaper as we have L&V home insurance etc. They said no - only way is to join Civil Service Motoring Association for a 7.5% discount. She said I'm not a civil servant? Was told - well, give them a try as they are quite flexible.

Anyway, moments later she got through to a nice lady at CSMA and clearly stated she worked for a Eli-Lilly (a pharmaceutical company) and they let her join any way. It only cost £18 if you use the preferred payment card and voila - rang L&V back with the new membership number.

They go into the system to knock off the 7.5% and lo and behold the policy goes down 15%.!!! We shut up, pay and get off the phone. Got it down to £588 from a renewal of £689 in the end and it was £750 last year. Doesn't seem that long since we were paying £1500!!!

A top days work!

Last edited by Boost II; 26 August 2005 at 02:43 PM.
Old 07 November 2005, 01:36 PM
richto
Scooby Regular

Default Liverpool and Victoria - now a Rip-Off - up 60% this year.

Not anymore. I just got a renewal quote for My P1 - it has gone up from £781 last year to nearly £1,300 ! I have no accidents or convictions and 9 years no
claims.

I queried the renewal and was told they have 'reassessed high performance vehicles'

Needless to say I told them to FOAD and promptly phoned Autoglass to get my windscreen replaced at their expense for a small crack that has needed doing for a while before my policy expires...

Last edited by richto; 07 November 2005 at 01:39 PM.
Old 10 November 2005, 07:03 PM
D'man
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by richto
Not anymore. I just got a renewal quote for My P1 - it has gone up from £781 last year to nearly £1,300 ! I have no accidents or convictions and 9 years no
claims.

I queried the renewal and was told they have 'reassessed high performance vehicles'

Needless to say I told them to FOAD and promptly phoned Autoglass to get my windscreen replaced at their expense for a small crack that has needed doing for a while before my policy expires...

Nice one Richto. All people want is a fair price. Don't blame you getting the crack done asap.
Old 10 November 2005, 07:18 PM
Fizz
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

mine went down too...