Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NCB confusion - spouse, multiple cars

Search this Thread

Old 09 August 2005, 09:22 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NCB confusion - spouse, multiple cars

Confused about my wife's and my NCB. We have had at least two cars on personal insurance for the last five years accident free and have accumulated 5+ years on both (75% with Liverpool Victoria) NCB. A few months ago we sold one car as she now has a company car, but were told the NCB built up for a second car could be called upon again within 2 years.

The present Liverpool Victoria policy is in her name, so I cannot drive other cars third party. Since she now has a company car and I am over 30 this seems daft.

I'm confused because the 5 years NCB I had was taken by Liverpool Victoria a few years ago to put all the cars with them, but oddly all under her name. I gathered at the time that future NCB moving between people and cars would be flexible, but since I've read stuff that suggests that NCB is fixed to one person, yet also to one vehicle at a time.

So on the documents she has 2 x 5 years NCB, and really I want 1 of these 5 years on a policy in my name.

All a bit confusing...

So how do I resolve this to get a policy in my name, with maximum NCB, or do I have to continue to insure under my wife's name with perhaps two cars for me??

Don't want to rip off any insurers and likewise don't want to be ripped off, but I'm not sure whether rules for awarding NCB vary between companies?

I would like it to be that since we have had two policies that both have 5 years NCB on them that things can be moved around but it doesn't sound tranferable, but then Liverpool Victoria took my five years and gave it to my wife LOL. Not sure how much sense I would get out of them on the phone, renewal is in 6 weeks time.

Any advice appreciated.
Old 10 August 2005, 10:08 AM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Liv Vic say that the NCB I've accumulated continues as they keep the named driver information/NCB even for a husband/wife policy. They are willing to provide evidence of 7 years NCB for me as long as renewal occurs at least every 3 years. Confused, but sounds OK by me.
Old 10 August 2005, 11:37 AM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Will they provide the evidence clearly in your name?

In the past I've found a letter stating the NCB entitlement or a mention of it on the renewal is usually enough evidence for other insurers.

Mind you I don't have a wife or husband
Old 10 August 2005, 10:57 PM
Matt Classic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A letter or phone call to the company involved should allow you to pass the NCD over to you.