Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does AXA cover track days & mods?

Search this Thread

Old 04 September 2001, 10:42 AM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've just got my insurance with AXA. They gave me such a good quote I was scared to ask about mod etc incase they changed their mind :-)

I'll have a look at my insurance "booklet" tonight at home if no one else posts a definative answer here.

Matt
Old 04 September 2001, 12:52 PM
JonJH
Scooby Regular

I've got insurance from AXA through brokers Taylor Price Direct Choice (they got me a great quote). AXA seem to be blowing hot & cold about Scoobs at the moment & so before approaching them/broker it'd be good to learn from anyone else's experience so I can build my arguments before calling them!

The policy is typically ambiguous about track days - ie excludes "racing, speed trials" etc, but doesn't mention non-competitive track days.

I'm also considering a few minor brake mods (pads, discs, hoses) so any info on what AXA may think about this would be good.

Jon
Old 04 September 2001, 08:20 PM
JFB
Scooby Regular

Hi Jon & Matt,

I spoke to AXA yesterday for a renewal quote and they do not cover performance enhancing modifications - full stop. Dont know about track days though. Dealt with Tesco in the end.

Jerome
Old 05 September 2001, 10:30 AM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

Thanks Jerome, I forgot to check the booklet

So not even a quick-shift then?

Bugger!

Matt
Old 05 September 2001, 01:24 PM
JonJH
Scooby Regular

Thanks Matt & Jerome.

Sounds like I'll have a tough time asking them to approve any mods. I'll innocently ask the question (and also regarding track days) and post a message on what they say.

Jon
Old 06 September 2001, 06:05 PM
blf21
Scooby Regular

I've recently changed to AXA because they gave such a good price, but have been thinking about asking them the same question about mods. I'll be very interested to hear any more about this.

I'm completely standard at moment, and was just thinking about a very modest brake bracket upgrade.

Ben.
Old 06 September 2001, 06:11 PM
blf21
Scooby Regular

Just noticed that the question about mods and AXA was mentioned in the thread:
Old 06 September 2001, 10:59 PM
JonJH
Scooby Regular

Spoke to the brokers today who said any non-visual mod was OK by them. Brakes are therefore OK provided I don't change the wheels. I asked specifically about a Scoobysport rear silencer as this (along with brakes) are the changes I'm planning. They went off to talk to their Modifications Team who said no problems and no increase in premium

Overall I'm well pleased. Their price for ins was miles cheaper than any other I received also. Interesting that this is AXA, but through a broker rather than AXA Direct - may have different policies to mods?

Jon
Old 07 September 2001, 09:22 AM
InsBro
Scooby Regular

Jon

Axa Direct and Axa Broker section are run as two separate companies.

Axa Direct are 99.9% electronic policies with almost no area for flexibility due to IT.

Axa Broker arm - Brokers can issue manual policies therefore we & Axa can type almost anything on the policy schedule and you can disclose any mods on a manual proposal.

Jeremy

Old 08 September 2001, 12:54 AM
rjh
Scooby Regular

Talking

I'm with AXA at the moment (through Catterall). There was no increase in my premium for 17" wheels and back box Took a couple of calls to confirm (first person wasn't interested and said straight off that they wouldn't do mods). The quote was cheaper through a broker than direct.

This year I think I'm going to go for Green Light. They quoted £790 with £350xs for my MY00 Turbo with wheels and backbox, £100 cheaper than AXA They know what they're on about (knew about PPP etc and said more mods weren't a problem). They also have the option of track cover

Tesco need a tracker (and were more expensive!).

Richard