Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PPP Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 01 May 2001, 02:33 PM
SCOSaltire
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Hi all..
Sorry to post about insurance again, but i just been told that Admiral would not insure me.

I exclaimed at this, and it is going to referal.

I recall someone else getting the PPP for minimal increase in insurance with Admiral... but I cannot find it with the search.

It was as if they did not know what it was - or had heard of it before.

Can anyone help me on this? Im 27, no convictions, 2 years no claims, and would like to stay with them until August to get my (hopefully) 3rd year no claims...

thanks in advance
Old 01 May 2001, 08:45 PM
spudgun
Scooby Regular

hello mate
i had ppp on my old car. priveledge increased my annual premium by £40! a small price to pay.
incidentally, ,my girlfriend superchipped hers ages ago, told her insurance company( priviledge) and it didnt cost her a penny more! and her car went MUCH quicker than mine ( and its still going strong )
also, i had my insurance with bennets( a broker) a year ago. i think they use norwich union. they gave me 5 years no claims instantly! i then transferred to priviledge a few months later, and , heres the best bit, they gave me a certificate to say i had 5 years no claims...hey presto, 5 years no claims
Old 01 May 2001, 09:23 PM
polarbearit
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Please explain how does insuring your car through bennents give you five years NCB for 1 years insurance, and does it still work now? My missus only has one year and 5 would make a great difference!

Jon
Old 01 May 2001, 09:52 PM
spudgun
Scooby Regular

Cool

right..
7 months ago, i had an audi s4. i had 3 years ncb.
audi dealer says, "ring this number, theyre pretty good" so he gave me bennetts number. so i rang them, they said ok, this is how much you'll pay, and we can do this by giving you 5 years ncb automatically. i said ok! ( as if i'd say no! )
ok......
6 months ago, i bought the my00 ( i only had s4 3 weeks...i hated it) so i rang for quotes with various firms.
bennets were hopeless as ever answering their phone, and when priviledge offered a cheaper quote, i went with priviledge. i rang bennetts to get my ncb certificate. they let me have one with 5 years ncb on it ( all legal and above board )
that little bit of paper knocked another £400 off my annual insurance with priviledge.
so, thats how it happened. do they still do it? dunno, i already have 5 years ncb, so i dont need to ask
all i know is that my insurance was with the norwich union ( bennetts are the broker)
give em a try, nothing to lose, and only 5 years ncb to gain eh?
Old 01 May 2001, 10:05 PM
SCOSaltire
Scooby Regular

I phoned up priviledge just after 6.
very helpful - quoted me just 100 quid more for PPP over standard (with 2 years no claims)

I wonder what Admiral will say to that...

i could certainly do with the 5 y ncb ....

ill give NU a call tomorrow...

cheers!!

so ive got 3 or 4 (hopefully) choices...
1> Admiral say ok... and i have the next 4 months with them, at least.
2> NU say 5y ncb sir?
3> i phone up some more
4> priviledge get my money

if 2 happens, it gets my money instantly..

Old 01 May 2001, 11:01 PM
Richard Gledhill
Scooby Regular

PPP costs me <£50 a year extra with Barclays (underwritten by Privilege). They're the D's Bs IMHO - unlimited hifi cover too, free trackday insurance, and £100 excess flat rate! Ought to buy shares in 'em

Richard
Old 02 May 2001, 09:28 AM
alexf
Scooby Regular

Angry

Looks like I'll be changing insurance companies when it's renewal time. I'm currently with Norwich Union Direct because they were the cheapest when I got my 97MY Scoob but the amounts they are charging me for mods (Magnex backbox and 17" gold Speedlines) is more than some are paying for PPP - they're charging me an extra £20 a month
Old 02 May 2001, 05:32 PM
MikeSmith012345
Scooby Newbie

Talking

If like me you have a scooby worthy of good insurance contact these guys. They are on 01277 263030. They seem to know what they were talking about. As my scooby is modified i try to confuse companies with the mods to see how good they are and if they know their stuff. These guys passed.
If you want a really good cover call them.

Mike

P.S. You can even get track day cover if you are with them so you don't have to worry about your baby when you are burning round the track.

Also try