Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Over one year and they want info???

Search this Thread

Old 31 January 2001, 11:34 PM
greenking
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All,
Hoping this will reach someone in the motor insurance trade or smeone with knowledge.
Just recieved a phone call today concerning an accident in Sept 1999!!!??
Cut a long story short.
Someone decided to reverse into me as I was in the car with girlfriend and niece.
I went into reverse with lights flashing and horn sound but the d**khead still crashed into me.
We exchange details and by Dec/Jan my car was fixed.
I put the claim in as a third party fault and I got my car fixed and kept my full no=claims bonus.
I have now since taken out my insurance with another company and my no-claim bonus was approved but today I recieved a telephone call from an 'independent company' enquiring about the incident and asking for my insurance company name then, as the third party insurance had no correspondence with mine????
To my knowledge (which is VERY limited) my insurance company WOULDNOT FIX my car or even allow me to have the full no-claim bonus if they couldnot get the money off the third party????Is that correct???
Also, now I am I thinking about it,now did they get my tel number??(unless correspondent was passed??)
What do I do??
I have told the 'indenpendent company' to send me a letter as I would not disclose infomation without correspondence.
I would have thought that the money that I have paid for my insurance (I also took out legal cover, whatever that is. As I had to do all the chasing up!!!)would include 'taking care of the hassle of a claim', specially when it was NOT my fault!!
and over 12 months old??
I have been told to ignore it as my car is fixed and I have my approved full no-claim bonus.
Also been told that it is a tactic of getting ME to own up as my fault, but as my then insurance company has approved the repairs and my full no-claim bonus (not to mention my insurance company now)I cannot see it working.
Please advise.
Regards
G.
Old 31 January 2001, 11:56 PM
Scruff
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a wind up, wait till you get written correspondence from them and seek advice from original insurance company.

Alan
Old 02 February 2001, 07:57 AM
Karlos
Scooby Regular

Greenking,

I agree with scruff. Don't do anything until you get the letter. If your insurance company has given you proof of no-claims and this has been excepted by your new insurer then you have nothing to worry about. You say that when you had the accident you where fully insured with legal cover. If that is the case then these people shouldn't be calling you at all, but the insurance company/legal cover company. The whole point of paying this additional fee is so that you don't have to worry about this kinda crap. Thinking about it, did the third party have a passenger in the car? Could be that as a result of the accident the passenger has sustained an ongoing injury (back probs, etc) and is sueing the driver!?!?! This happened to a mate of mine and is happening more and more. Exactly what kind of questions did they ask you...?

Karlos

[This message has been edited by Karlos (edited 02 February 2001).]
Old 03 February 2001, 01:58 AM
greenking
Scooby Regular

Hi,
The question they were asking me on the phone was 'who was my insurance company'?
Seens funny that a year has gone pass and they do not even know that!!!
I am still waiting for the letter.
Regards
G.