Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trying ro get proof of no claims from Bennets

Search this Thread

Old 22 December 2000, 01:50 AM
hegie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have been trying 2 get proof of no claims from bennets insurance brokers since the 17/11/00 even including sending a recorded letter to them has any 1 else had a problem my new insurance company now want the full price without no claims please advice

[This message has been edited by hegie (edited 22 December 2000).]
Old 22 December 2000, 08:29 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Give 'em the name of the underwriter and the policy number - that should be enough for them to verify it.

Rum?
Old 22 December 2000, 09:55 AM
Rum*
Scooby Regular

Wink

Best thing to do is as chiark advised - get the underwriters name - as a guess i think it will probably be AXA through Bennetts - and policy number...speak to the new insurer and give them the above info and ask them to confirm proof of no claims discount over the phone. Most brokers/insurers (decent ones anyway ) will accept verbal confirmation from the previous insurer...

...sometimes it isn't actually the Brokers fault..i.e. what happens is you request that the policy lapses/cancels...they can then only carry out your instruction upon receipt of your obsolete insurance certificate (i.e. the legal document), upon receipt they then send it on the the insurers - the paperwork then gets stuck in the insurer bag logs etc and could take anything upto 2 weeks to be processed - then the proof of bonus is sent back to the broker, who in turn can then send it to you...

Basically verbal confirmation is a hell of a lot quicker if your new insurers will accept it.

Sorry for rambling - guess it would have been easier to say "yes - I agree with chiark"...

Have a good break.

Tom