Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quite a few people are slating L&V, but they've done ok by me

Search this Thread

Old 31 May 2005, 07:19 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up quite a few people are slating L&V, but they've done ok by me

read all of the threads about L&V putting up premiums/not covering mods and basically **** myself

so, renewal comes thru. about 30 quid dearer, ok first hurdle cleared without falling.
a quick phone call to check about mods and as has been said recently, they don't want a modded car on their books EXCEPT if the mods were carried out before nov. of last year when their new policies came into force.

so naturally i inform them that nothing has been done to the car since i first insured it with them (cross my heart and hope to die), reply is well that shouldn't be a problem then

all gets a bit messy when i say i need it written in black and white what is on the car so in the event of an accident they don't just wash their hands of me claiming i didn't tell them the car was modded etc.

anyways, long story a little bit shorter, they got in touch with the underwriter who has okayed them to cover me with my disclosed mods. they will be written on file with them and will be written on my policy aswell so everyone has a record.

only paid it today, but if all comes thru ok this may well be a let off for any modded CURRENT policy holders with L&V who don't wish to insure their car any further. (or who haven't modded anything since november if you know what i mean)

just my 2p's worth
Old 31 May 2005, 08:08 PM
Pauleds2
Scooby Regular

So how much then mate?
Old 31 May 2005, 08:26 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pauleds2
So how much then mate?