Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Company Car and personal insurance

Search this Thread

Old 16 April 2005, 12:46 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Company Car and personal insurance

If I have a company car, how long does it usually take for my personal no claims bonus to be depleted/reduced?
Old 17 April 2005, 11:27 PM
easyrider
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2 Yrs IIRC
Old 18 April 2005, 07:59 AM
EBRWRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by easyrider
2 Yrs IIRC
Most decent insurance companies will accept a letter from your company/fleet owner confirming no claims when you decide to dispense with the extra tax you are paying !
Old 08 December 2007, 12:00 PM
GeeDee
Scooby Regular

Does anyone know of an insurance company which will accept your claim free company car years as NCD for a new (second hand) personal car whilst still driving the company car which is insured under a Fleet Policy which does not operate a NCD anyway?

I am aware some companies allow you a NCD if you give up your company car but it makes little sense if there is not a NCD on that car to transfer.

Just seems a rip off to me that you can have driven something like 160,000 company car (Scooby) miles over 8 years without an accident or claim plus probably in excess of 200,000 miles personal driving before that but not be eligible for a NCD unless you give up your company car especially as it means I will be driving my new car less
Old 17 December 2007, 11:10 PM
wraggy78
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gdavey
Does anyone know of an insurance company which will accept your claim free company car years as NCD for a new (second hand) personal car whilst still driving the company car which is insured under a Fleet Policy which does not operate a NCD anyway?

I am aware some companies allow you a NCD if you give up your company car but it makes little sense if there is not a NCD on that car to transfer.

Just seems a rip off to me that you can have driven something like 160,000 company car (Scooby) miles over 8 years without an accident or claim plus probably in excess of 200,000 miles personal driving before that but not be eligible for a NCD unless you give up your company car especially as it means I will be driving my new car less
Its bullshi* mate im now having to sell my scoob as they have just informed me that I must of misunderstood when I asked them to clarify 7 times before I brought the bloody thing.
now im well pi55ed off to say the least.............