Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insurance renewal after non fault accident

Search this Thread

Old 07 April 2005, 06:14 PM
R1916v
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance renewal after non fault accident

I was involved on a non fault accident a few months ago.

Police are prosecuting the other driver, I'm getting compensation, her insurance company has paid for everything. It was 100% her fault, even her ins company accept this.

Got the renewal through for my ins company and they've docked me 3 years ncb?!?

Now either I'm being really thick, but shouldn't my ncb be ok as technically I've not claimed for anything, she has bourne all the cost?
Old 07 April 2005, 07:02 PM
jowl
Scooby Regular

Personally, i would have thought so. Have you contacted them?

But after reading through one of my insurance documents, I can easily conclude that insurance is a con.

They should just send you a slip of A5 paper saying what they will cover.

Oh, and when a Tree fell on my car during a windy day, I had to claim on my own insurance....but that doesn't seem to have effected my premium on either the Scooby or the Polo
Old 07 April 2005, 07:33 PM
R1916v
Scooby Regular

The accient itself doesn't effect the premium with most insurers, it's the ncb I'm worried about Means an extra £300 I wasn't planning on spending.

Found this site though http://www.mass.org.uk/did_you_know.asp

Interesting bit at the bottom. I was tpft by the way.
Old 08 April 2005, 03:35 PM
AudiMan
Scooby Regular

Angry

R1916V,
I had this exact same problem a cople of years back, basically if you have not used your Ins co in any way in this claim, ring them and tell em' to get their fingers out or you will start legal action against them.
All I did was to notify them my vehicle had been damaged but that the 3rd party ins would be paying for all of it and my renewal went through the roof,
Insurance is a big scam, staffed by people in call centres the other side of the world, who most of the time haven't a cluee what they are doing !!

Ian
Old 08 April 2005, 10:26 PM
R1916v
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AudiMan
R1916V,
I had this exact same problem a cople of years back, basically if you have not used your Ins co in any way in this claim, ring them and tell em' to get their fingers out or you will start legal action against them.
All I did was to notify them my vehicle had been damaged but that the 3rd party ins would be paying for all of it and my renewal went through the roof,
Insurance is a big scam, staffed by people in call centres the other side of the world, who most of the time haven't a cluee what they are doing !!

Ian
All been sorted, took 10 minutes

Basically they had opened a claim for me when the accident happened , but as I'm totally claiming off the other person it's not been "used" so it's blank.

They said as it hasn't been used and never will be they will just close it and give me my 3 years back

And then they beat the best quote I had (which was great anyway) so now I'm a happy chappy
Old 12 April 2005, 08:46 PM
Mr Sympathy
Scooby Regular

Similar thing happened to me few years back.

When you do your next insurance quote ring around use the term "full recovery and not at fault" when you mention any previous incidents, then it should all be ok, three years later you can forget about it.