Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I stay or should I go...?

Search this Thread

Old 03 March 2005, 07:30 PM
drjsd
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I stay or should I go...?

Looking to renew my Insurance on the WRX at the moment. Currently with Norwich Uniion Direct who want to hike the premium up by £500 per yr from £1250. Problem that arises is that I had 2 claims last year, the first one not even my fault, when some to55er drove into my parked car and then drove off. So therefore was my fault

Now that means with my current policy, my 5 years no claims are reduced to 3 if I make another claim in the next 4 years and I lose the protection. Every other quote I had won't give me protected no claims, although Direct Line who were the cheapest by best part of a grand, will give me protection in 12 months time.

So the big question. Bearing in mind I had no accidents in 12 years of driving until the fluke last year, do I go with Direct Line and gamble on no smashes worth more than £1000 (which I'd pay) or do I stick with someone who'll give me some NCD protection? Obviously if the damage is more than £1000 and I'm with Direct Line, then it may get expensive... and I lose all my NCD if I claim with them.

And all because of one selfish **** who didn't admit to his crap driving