Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Taking out second car insurance on a runaround

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2005, 12:27 AM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Taking out second car insurance on a runaround

Hi,

Currently own a 03STi and have this insured with L&V. With 10 years NCB etc....
Before the STi I had a 2000 MY00 Turbo, and 5 months into ownership had a small accident (10/2002) with the neighbours car, which I have declared when taking out insurance on the STi.

If I take out another insurance policy on a second car, I understand I will have to start with '0' no claims, but will I still need to declare the accident on my first policy? If taking out a second? Bit confused. Can anyone advise?
Old 05 February 2005, 06:42 PM
Jiggerypokery
Scooby Regular

Yes. You will definitely need to declare all accidents, claims, speeding tickets immediatedly on both policies. It's the risk of the person they're interested in. These events are recorded against the person, not the policy.
Old 05 February 2005, 07:36 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

Ring L&V and explain it's a second car. They added a 10 year old, £500 Cavalier to my Scooby policy for an extra £69 (fully comp, business use). They couldn't give me any no claims bonus as that was on the scooby so instead they gave me 60% introductory bonus..... It's a joke is it not? As it was an addition to the current policy I didn't need to run thro the accident, claims, points rigmarole as they already have all this info.
Old 06 February 2005, 04:53 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chelspeed
Ring L&V and explain it's a second car. They added a 10 year old, £500 Cavalier to my Scooby policy for an extra £69 (fully comp, business use). They couldn't give me any no claims bonus as that was on the scooby so instead they gave me 60% introductory bonus..... It's a joke is it not? As it was an addition to the current policy I didn't need to run thro the accident, claims, points rigmarole as they already have all this info.
Thanks guys. Was just a little confused over this. Didn't want to be paying over the odds on a second policy. Was looking into getting a second car a few months back and decided to ring L&V for a quote but they decided to tell me to take a second policy out for well over £500 for a J reg 205 Turbo diesel worth £600. Did'nt know they can allow for a second car on the first policy though. May ring again.