Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

screentrade.co.uk..quote

Search this Thread

Old 29 January 2005, 04:07 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy screentrade.co.uk..quote

www.screentrade.co.uk saw this advertised on tv and they apparently search all insurers and come up with the cheapest...Tried it and would you believe it it £300 dearer @£1050ish than my present insurer(direct line) and is the dearest quote I have ever had. Maybe i had better to go to the usuals Tesco... Direct line etc. Anyone want to give it a try and lets see what they come up with. Powerman
Old 29 January 2005, 04:15 PM
stevehulluk1
Scooby Regular

£650 for me, cheap as hell. no tracker aswell . will be using them when its due. paying £1050 at the moment

Last edited by stevehulluk1; 29 January 2005 at 04:27 PM.
Old 29 January 2005, 05:49 PM
scooby24
Scooby Regular

I just tried them out of interest and they were cheaper than the £810 i pay with L&Vic . only by 30 quid but i had a rightoff claim this year as well.
not bad.
ill be tryin again when renewal is up
Old 30 January 2005, 04:55 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

Smile

I must have ticked some wrong boxes,Full no claims,car garaged every night,tracker,one SP30(speeding fine), i might try it again if a few other scoobynetters come back with some feedback..Anybody else tried it and got better or worse quotes...powerman
Old 30 January 2005, 07:54 PM
mark6
Scooby Regular

i was getting quotes of about £1000 and screentrade come up with £740,so it worked ok for me,used to be insured by elephant but had a write-off with them,i did have protected no claims but it says on the site 'if you have had a claim but had protected no claims still tick the box as no no claims'.
Old 30 January 2005, 10:21 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Mark6 just be careful if you get insurance and dont disclose anything that they may consider they should have been informed about,it may not affect your premium but if you need to claim most insurance companies do have access to central data and they will may well throw your claim out.It aint worth the risk for a couple of quid..powerman
Old 31 January 2005, 10:16 PM
mark6
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by powerman1
Mark6 just be careful if you get insurance and dont disclose anything that they may consider they should have been informed about,it may not affect your premium but if you need to claim most insurance companies do have access to central data and they will may well throw your claim out.It aint worth the risk for a couple of quid..powerman
???? what are you getting at?? you sound as though i have done something i shouldn't have,i was just saying my no claims IS protected,but elephant seem to not like you when you have claimed.hence not giving you your no claims discount even though you have it.
Old 01 February 2005, 02:10 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

Smile

Sorry,let me clarify....No Claims bonus is another word for a discount and as such you will pay extra to protect it and usually your premium with your present company should not go up in the event of a claim..no probs...But if you insure elsewhere and you have made a claim with your previous insurer and you may still have your full no claims bonus but they still need to know if you have made any claims(accidents/claims in the last 5 years question)) and yes they will more than likely will put your premium up, they arent going to give you a discount with them if youve made a claim elsewhere....believe me its just a con to keep you with your present insurer and as such you will have to decide if its worth it...
28 years motoring experience and I have become wise to a few cons...
P.S just another tip for any one asking for a quote....the question how many miles do you estimate you will drive in a year ....its an unknown answer so keep it low..say 4999 who knows www.moneysavingexpert.co.uk
Old 01 February 2005, 11:21 PM
lydanial
Scooby Regular

Red face no tracker?

i tried the site.. it went to llyods insurance and it looks just like the tesco site... and they DEMAND a tracker?
how come some of you have had quotes without tracker?

decided to try a few...
privalege 'we guarantee to beat your renewal quote' yes they do... if i pay nearly £1500 excess
lloyds, tesco and a few others will offer a good price.. if you pay your extra on trackers.
norwich union- they actually just quoted me happy i went on the website and put in.. saloon green and they made me laugh (only cos it wasnt enuff for a quote) so after filling in all the rest of the stuff (bloody tv liars) they gave me a blinding quote of £650.. £100 cheaper than tescos and i dont have a tracker!!
ok excess is slightly higher at £220 (voluntary) but i was rather pleased.
chris
ps privalege was based on the renewal for my last car not my impreza.
29, 4 ync, no acc's, no claims, on a drive, cat 1 alarm(full closure?) standard uk car

Last edited by lydanial; 01 February 2005 at 11:49 PM.
Old 02 February 2005, 09:56 AM
OZWRX
Scooby Regular

Renewal is due so decided to phone about.

My car is a 93 WRX Import.

Last year was with Admiral as i have no Tracker fitted and majority of the rest demanded it.Last year I was paying £770 fully comp early thirties i am by the way.

Admiral want £802 this year.

So i decided to see if Norwich Union could quote me happy.

Couldnt believe the quote I have had is for £435 fully comp so you can imagine i am more than happy.

Get the Quote online 20% Cheaper as well and you will have to pay online.

I tried that online one that was mentioned in the first post, but they do not insure imports.

Give Norwich union a bash.

Hope this info is of some help to someone

Regards
OZ
Old 03 February 2005, 12:37 AM
richto
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by powerman1
Sorry,let me clarify....No Claims bonus is another word for a discount and as such you will pay extra to protect it and usually your premium with your present company should not go up in the event of a claim..no probs...But if you insure elsewhere and you have made a claim with your previous insurer and you may still have your full no claims bonus but they still need to know if you have made any claims(accidents/claims in the last 5 years question)) and yes they will more than likely will put your premium up, they arent going to give you a discount with them if youve made a claim elsewhere....believe me its just a con to keep you with your present insurer and as such you will have to decide if its worth it...
28 years motoring experience and I have become wise to a few cons...
P.S just another tip for any one asking for a quote....the question how many miles do you estimate you will drive in a year ....its an unknown answer so keep it low..say 4999 who knows www.moneysavingexpert.co.uk
NOT TRUE - If you have an accident with protected no claims you just keep your no claims - you still get a massively loaded premium for the accident. ie IT WILL COST YOU MORE.
Old 03 February 2005, 05:46 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

not true if you stay with the same company...will go up if you go elsewhere.thats my personal experience but i suppose there is different rules at different companies.
Old 03 February 2005, 06:32 PM
mark6
Scooby Regular

your talking rubbish powerman,lol,i was insured by elephant with my gti6 and i wrote it off,i then bought a scooby and when i got a quote from elephant it stated on the site that if you have had a claim but had protected no claims,STILL tick the box as NO NO-CLAIMS,so basically elephant were saying they wouldn't give me my 9yrs no claims bonus on my new quote,so i went on screen trade and got a quote for over £300 quid cheaper,i told them i had a write off ect,and i received my no claims certificate from elephant with my no claims discount.so like i say,my no claims was protected but elephant wouldn't give me my discount.
Old 05 February 2005, 08:35 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

oki doki.I stand corrected but my point is just be honest when applying for insurance.
Old 06 February 2005, 10:58 AM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Sorry, but we are unable to offer you a quote on-line at the moment because you did not meet our acceptance criteria. However, it may still be possible to buy your car insurance through us if you speak to one of our service advisors.
I wonder what their acceptance criteria are

Single, 33 years old, 9+years no claims, living in good area, no convictions etc etc...
Old 11 February 2005, 10:10 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

iain cant understand why not with a record like yours i'd even consider giving you some insurance..powerman

Last edited by powerman1; 12 February 2005 at 11:42 AM.