Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

!Young Gun!

Search this Thread

Old 10 November 2004, 09:42 AM
S3BARU
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !Young Gun!

Hi,

Im 18 and planning on getting my scooby wagon GL in January of 2005. i wanna do it up and make it look smart. so that means a nice body kit, n set of nice alloys...and induction kit!

do i tell the insurance about these parts to keep costs low, and too actually get insured??

or do i just tell them and may the millions more they require??

any one been in this situation??

Thanks

Kingy
Old 10 November 2004, 01:11 PM
damatrix
Scooby Regular

i think u will be cool, if u fit a good alarm, decent locking nuts and stuff u will be fine. Because then ur will only be making a claim if u crash it.. and mods like that aint going to matter..

if u mean ur going to be uprating stuff to suck out more horses it might be a differnt thing all together. All though i dont think there is a HUGE risk in being caught there is still a risk.

remember if u insure the car for 5grand and then spend 5grand on it.. u wil only get what u insured it for.. unless u tell them. OBVIOUS i know! but thats what it boils down too!
Old 10 November 2004, 01:17 PM
JamesPRJones
Scooby Regular

I assume you mean "do i NOT tell the insurance about these parts to keep costs low".

If so, then your insurance is invalid because you are driving a car that you didn't specify to the insurance company. If you have an accident, and are lucky, you won't get any payout from the insurance company. They will invalidate it. If you aren't lucky, you'll get no payout plus they'll tell the police you've been driving without properly insuring your car, and you'll get 6-8 points and a hefty fine.

Hope this helps in your decision. ;-)
James

Edit to say:-
daMatrix - I assume you are saying that you tell the insurance company about the mods and that the whole car is only worth £5k, when it's really worth £10k. If you are saying you valued the car at £5k and have added £5k of mods but not told the insurance company then they won't pay out the £5k you've told them about. They'll pay out nothing because it's not the car you insured. They'll find any reason to invalidate a policy.

Last edited by JamesPRJones; 10 November 2004 at 01:22 PM.
Old 10 November 2004, 01:26 PM
JamesPRJones
Scooby Regular

Also, if you have an accident and kill someone, and your insurance company invalidates the policy, then you'll become liable to pay the thousands or millions in compensation to the victims family.

Not worth the risk mate.