Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Storage Insurance????

Search this Thread

Old 17 June 2004, 03:14 PM
ademid
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Storage Insurance????

My insurance is coming up for renewal but my head gasket has just let go! It would be pointless to have fully comp insurance because the cars not going to move anywhere until I can get the cash together to sort the head gasket.

So is there such a thing as storage insurance? The car is garaged and will be until I can get it fixed. But the more I have to spend on insurance the longer it will take to get it fixed?? Bit of a catch 22 really.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Ade
Old 17 June 2004, 03:20 PM
mgg
Scooby Regular

If your keeping the car in your garage at home and not using it, maybe it might be worth calling your home insurance company and explaining to them the situation, you never know ?
Just an idea, contents insurance etc.
Old 18 June 2004, 10:05 AM
clarkeyturbo
Scooby Newbie

Wink

Originally Posted by mgg
If your keeping the car in your garage at home and not using it, maybe it might be worth calling your home insurance company and explaining to them the situation, you never know ?
Just an idea, contents insurance etc.
Probably won't get your Household insurer to cover the car.

The only way IMO is to renew and check there is a provision for 'laid up' or Accidental Damage, Fire & Theft. (Effectively there is no cover for the road risks and thus the premium in theory should be cheaper) Sadly a lot of insurers and particularly those of high rated cars will not allow this.

Probably easiest thing is to see if you can a reduction for Third Party Only or TPFT cover.

Barclaycard have got Interest free payments until August 2005 so you could choose the buy now worry about paying it later.

Clarkey
Old 18 June 2004, 11:04 AM
ademid
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Cheers so far guys. Unfortunately the buy now pay later is a bit tight as I've just paid to get the gearbox sorted

Looks like I'll have to save the old fashioned way!

I'll wait until the insurance company get in touch then go from there.

Ade