Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F*ckin' L.V.

Search this Thread

Old 11 May 2004, 06:44 PM
stevoWRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry NOT HAPPY WITH L.V.

Ok .. thought L.V. were the best thing since sliced bread ... now they're just as bad as the rest of them !!!!!

Been told today that , when I phoned up to put quickshift ( A SUBARU APPROVED ACCESSORIE !! ) on my policy that they f*ckin' well wont cover me and I'm not allowed any more mods !! NOT FECKIN' EVER !!!!!!

Now pardon me , but anyone that knows me knows my car has BASIC mods ie PPP, springs ,DV .. NO I've not added NOS , NO I haven't added a bigger turbo , or changed the intercooler etc , etc !!! UNDERWRITERS .. U CANT EVEN TALK TO THEM !! THEY SAY NO AND THATS IT !!!!!

CAN'T F*CKIN' BELIEVE IT !

This just scratches at the surface of how unhappy I am at this .. what if I wanted 18" wheels .. or ( was planning ) better suspension ?

<GOES AWAY TO GET PISSED IN A CORNER>

Steve

Last edited by stevoWRX; 11 May 2004 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Too many swearies .. LV underwriters might be reading
Old 11 May 2004, 07:23 PM
opelcorsa
Scooby Regular

for sale.

PPP, springs kit,dump valve,big scoop,backbox, cos stevos insurance aint covering it

Only kiddin, bad luck mate hope you get it sorted to see MORE mods.

Davie
Old 11 May 2004, 08:17 PM
Dougster
Scooby Regular

ooops

Will move to correct section.

Last edited by Dougster; 11 May 2004 at 08:20 PM.
Old 12 May 2004, 10:00 PM
JamieMacdonald
Scooby Regular

Well this is bad news indeed. I was banking on going with Liverpool Victoria when I am 25 in 2 months as I have a few mods and have been told (by numerous people) that they do not charge for mods as long as you don't increase the engine capacity. Have also been told that they don't insist on any security on some Imprezas.

They have obviously decided not to turn a blind eye anymore
Old 12 May 2004, 11:11 PM
MadGrip
Scooby Regular

I was banking on going with Liverpool Victoria when I am 25 in 2 months
AFAIK they only insure over 30's on Imprezas

Flaminsmart is right though, when I tried an online quote it was a pretty crap experience, but when I phoned them to get aquote they were great, loads of mods and a very good price.. give them a call

Phil
Old 13 May 2004, 01:02 AM
stevoWRX
Scooby Regular

Unhappy Yup .. NO MORE MODS !

Ta peeps for the replies ...

Read this and tell me what u think ..

Was told point blank today that in the last month or so they have changed their policy on mods ...." WE WILL NOT INSURE VEHICLES IF U MODIFY THEM .. WE MIGHT CONSIDER IT IF U BOUGHT THE CAR ALREADY MODIFIED BUT WE WILL NOT INSURE THE VEHICLE IF U YOURSELF MODIFY OR CHANGE ANYTHING ON THE VEHICLE ONCE U HAVE TAKEN OUT THE POLICY ... NOTHING NADDA ZIP ZERO .. INCL WHEELS SPRINGS ZORSTS ETC

That's some u turn ! I joined them last month 'cause of their policy on mods .

Am a bit worried now as I am covered BUT not sure what's going to happen come renewal time .

If anyone gets told different let me know . I did speak to team leader etc .. but what UNDERWRITERS say goes !!

Steve
Old 13 May 2004, 09:27 AM
MadGrip
Scooby Regular

I was told the same "Take Photos for proof in the event of a claim"

I think it really depends who you speak to at LV as regard to MODS. I've read so many times that people say LV wont cover them, but I've phoned them a few times this year , just to double check and theres never been a problem.

I'll find out for sure at the end of June when my renewal is due

Phil
Old 13 May 2004, 10:27 AM
AvalancheS8
Scooby Regular

There seems to be some confusion about the situation.

Just phoned them (10.25 13/5/04) to ask what the score would be for exhaust and MBC, on my UK MY97, guy on the phone sounded like he looked something up or entered it on his computer, no problem, no change to premium. I'm 29 if it makes any difference, turn 30 later this year, been with them since 11th March this year.

Phew ! wasn't looking forward to having to find an alternative insurer but think I might try and get my planned mods done and covered ASAP before they change their mind!
Old 13 May 2004, 05:35 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

Hmmm interesting.Im insured with L&V and they didnt charge me for any mods nor did they mind that more extensive mods were planned as long as i have concrete evidence that these mods are on the car and not a made up story in the event of a claim all is covered.I did have an issue when they tried telling me 2 months into my policy that my type r wasnt covered purely because it didnt appear on their computer.Later turned out that it is classed as a wrx sti 2 door import so i am covered i spoke to the people at the top and insisted on an official letter to fall back on if ever they tried to refuse a claim.Dont listen to the first person you speak to on the phone most of them are trainees and havent got a clue,go straight to the top

here endeth the lesson

oh and one more thing,they insure 25+ on UK cars and 30+ on imports
Old 13 May 2004, 08:30 PM
stevem2k
Scooby Regular

I was told the same "Take Photos for proof in the event of a claim"
Exactly what I got, and I specifically asked them about changing brakes , wheels , exhaust, so it's on tape.

That was Monday BTW, and on an Import. I understand that they have recently reviewed the list of insurable import types and reduced it considerably.

Steve

Last edited by stevem2k; 13 May 2004 at 08:31 PM. Reason: speeli
Old 13 May 2004, 09:51 PM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

I'm insured with LV and have a modified 01 WRX and they insure me AND I have a prodrive quickshift fitted.Not sure why they won't insure yours with it fitted though?? (I'm 32 if that helps)

Good luck

Nick
Old 14 May 2004, 12:52 AM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Im insured with L&V and my mods are all recorded on tapes at L&V's head office etc etc

they are also declared on my Policy, I have photos of everything, and reciepts where applicable, and I am also paying an extra premium (although not much) for all my mods

these are, Brakes, Suspension, Bodywork, Exhaust, Stereo, ECU, Gearstick, Tinted Windows the lot
Old 14 May 2004, 01:38 AM
vulnax999
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Same thing here. My previous insurance company went through a round of phone calls ( me to broker, broker to insurance co. ins. co to broker, broker to me etc. ) for the simple stuff like strut brace, back box and quickshift.

L & V were not doing new import business then, so I stayed where I was.

Lat renewal, even tho' premium went down again, I called L & V ( as I had the modding bug! ) and got the response " We don't need to know your occupation, mileage, location/address, garaged or not, nor any mods unless you increase engine capacity" and onl wanted very basic info on any others who wereto be on the policy, e.g. any bans or major claims in last 3 -5 years.

For mods, for claims on value only if a loss(!!) keep receipts and a photo. No worries about performance increase!

Bit of a sea change, and policy only went up a few 10's of pounds.

So what will happen to my next renewal ... will they refuse to quote unless mods removed?? Or carry on as an existing good customer.?
Old 14 May 2004, 08:45 AM
Jasoon
Scooby Regular

L&V

Wont insure bug or blob eye's until your over 30.

I got the same as everyone else ,as long as you have photos or receipts mods are ok as long as you don't alter the cubic capacity.

I also asked if I needed to phone every time I did anything to the car and I was told no as long as I could prove that the mod was on the car before a clame it was ok....

Last edited by Jasoon; 14 May 2004 at 08:48 AM.
Old 14 May 2004, 02:34 PM
Jiggerypokery
Scooby Regular

"BUT WE WILL NOT INSURE THE VEHICLE IF U YOURSELF MODIFY OR CHANGE ANYTHING ON THE VEHICLE ONCE U HAVE TAKEN OUT THE POLICY "

Very strange... I was once offered a policy which *required* a minimum of four modifications, at least two of which must have been carried out by the owner of the vehicle. The reasoning behind this is that you're more likely to look after the car and be an "enthusiast" if you modify it yourself. I can't remember the insurer's name... not LV, but I'll get back to you.
Old 14 May 2004, 03:02 PM
marklemac
Scooby Regular

Location: Southampton*** MY02 STi, Black/Blue Mica Prodrive Style, mildly modded :) :). ***

I just spoke to a friend, who's friend works for L&V.

She was not aware of any such statement and went on to say that she insured 5 cars with mods yesterday anyway.
Old 14 May 2004, 03:09 PM
Jasoon
Scooby Regular

Think its a case of who you get throu to on the phone
Old 14 May 2004, 06:09 PM
r1257
Scooby Newbie

Got a good quote yesterday with LV. No problems with any mods, including wheels. They didn,t want tracker either.

Thats what you get for being 41!!
Old 15 May 2004, 07:41 AM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Red face

Originally Posted by Jasoon
Think its a case of who you get throu to on the phone
Which just isn't good enough is it?

Steve
Old 15 May 2004, 08:01 AM
Jasoon
Scooby Regular

nope its not Steve......

How do you do for the Taxi insurance
Old 15 May 2004, 09:01 AM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jasoon
nope its not Steve......

How do you do for the Taxi insurance
I used Greenlight for my WRX and stuck with them for the Tavia. Very reasonable, good attitude to mods and track day cover is available which is better than any other track cover I've found.

Steve
Old 16 May 2004, 10:54 AM
ZIPPY
Scooby Regular

Why where you ringing them to tell them about a quickshift in the first place ?

Its not a performance mod,more a comfort one,would you contact them if you fitted a beaded seat cover because you felt it made driving easier ?

Whilst i agree the cost of a pay out in any write off scenario would come down to the mods you had fitted and would determine your payout,if you read your documents it states that unless the mod increases your engine cc its fine,so long as you keep records to prove your alterations.

As for the bods on the phone you are never going to get a universal spread of knowledge on cars and possible mods.Not everyone is like us Subaru car nuts they hear things from us and must think 'what the hell is that,a DUMPVALVE ' and then speak to an underwriter and it then becomes 'the customer wants to have a Dump thingy on his policy.

They have 2 seconds to decide and say no,my advice is to go back and try again,my experiance with LV was good as the guy knew all about Subaru's and possible mods.

Zippy
Old 17 May 2004, 03:50 PM
streetbeats
Scooby Regular

LV told me I had to be 30 on my UK300 (currently 27) !!
Old 17 May 2004, 09:37 PM
steveho
Scooby Regular

Took out new policy with LV on may9,only mods they were interested in was engine modifications.

I have on my 03 wrx prodrive springs,exhaust,sti8 wheels and rallytech rear wing they said they would require pics in event of a claim.

So i can mod all i like without an increase in premium providing i keep away from the engine

steve
Old 22 May 2004, 12:04 AM
Rally
Scooby Regular

Location: Nottingham during week, Leeds at Weekends and 5ive-o.org at night

Got my first L&V policy on 19th April and was also told that as long as dont increase engine capacity and have photos or receipts for mods then anything goes after I asked if they wanted to know what I had done in way of mods already.
Old 22 May 2004, 12:43 AM
mattstant
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I tried L&V last year and they tried to tell there was no such thing as a 5 door wagon i tried every combination sportwagon hatch back etc but they kept telling me there was no such thing on there database

I didnt swear and kept as calm as possible (in the circumstances) and was referred to a manager and they refused to talk to me from then on WTF
Old 08 June 2004, 04:40 PM
JamieMacdonald
Scooby Regular

Any update stevoWRX ??