Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forester Owners

Search this Thread

Old 29 April 2004, 12:11 PM
gavnnik
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forester Owners

I've got a Forester T/TB that I'm looking to insure.

Tesco gave me a great quote - £604 but they won't accept mods and I want to decat in the near future.

L&V have the T/TB on the model list but it only shows manual version so they won't quote on an automatic.

Any other suggestion?

Gavin

Last edited by gavnnik; 29 April 2004 at 12:40 PM.
Old 30 April 2004, 01:57 PM
stevem2k
Scooby Regular

Sorry, sort of jumped in on the other thread ...

Try :-

Direct Line
Egg
A-Plan (imports - 0845 071 1234 )

Steve
Old 02 May 2004, 10:55 PM
nraponi
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hiya
My cheapest quotes for an XT (unmodified) were around 530ish, however Adran Flux came in at 477 - so it may be worth giving them a try.

No idea what they are like for mods tho.

Nick
Old 02 May 2004, 11:49 PM
Tentenths
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gavnnik
I've got a Forester T/TB that I'm looking to insure.

Tesco gave me a great quote - £604 but they won't accept mods and I want to decat in the near future.

L&V have the T/TB on the model list but it only shows manual version so they won't quote on an automatic.

Any other suggestion?

Gavin
Gavin,

I've got a '99 S/tb (manual) which is insured thru' LV at a cost of £530 [but I'm pretty old and live in a low risk area ].

Based on my previous experience trying to get quotes from LV I'd recommend you try them again. You might need to be a bit devious - initially tell them its a manual, just to get a quote. Once you've got this, ask them for a quote reference no.

Then ring back with the ref no, and explain that the car you're actually buying is actually an auto and ask for confirmation that the original quote still stands. If the telesales guy/girl says that autos are not on the list and that they can't therefore quote, express surprise and try and sweet talk them into referring your case it to an underwriter (on the basis that it is an identical to the manual version - which they're quite happy to quote for - but with an auto box.

Hopefully, you'll find that the "organ grinder" will be rather more forthcoming. If not, at least you've tried

When I was seeking quotes for my Forester the other front runners were elephant, direct line and tesco.

Hope this proves to be of help.

Last edited by Tentenths; 02 May 2004 at 11:51 PM.