Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vsib approved alarm installation

Search this Thread

Old 05 April 2004, 01:37 PM
ticky
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question vsib approved alarm installation

I currently deciding to upgrade or possibly change my alarm.
My only concern is the vsib part. My current insurance are not bothered about alarm & tracker. However as its nearly time for renewal I would like to keep my options open. Ive already found some cheaper quotes but one of the ins companies said I would need to post the proof for the cat 1 alarm, tracker & have they been fitted by vsib approved installer.
I have a imperticular installer in mind who has been highly recommended by other scoobynet members but I could not find their company name on the vsib approved installers list.
What have you guys got on your cat 1 alarm certificate, is it a vsib stamp or something?
If the installer is not vsib approved does that mean that the cat 1 alarm fitted might be actually void/ not cat 1 anymore, if you follow my drift.
Do most insurance companies who request cat 1 & tracker ask for vsib approved installations?
Old 06 April 2004, 06:40 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a imperticular installer in mind who has been highly recommended by other scoobynet members but I could not find their company name on the vsib approved installers list.
I would speak to the said installers and ask them if the are VSIB approved, if they are their fitment certificates will carry the VSIB kite mark.

If the installer is not vsib approved does that mean that the cat 1 alarm fitted might be actually void/ not cat 1 anymore, if you follow my drift.
It will basically mean that the Insurance company will not cover theft until an acceptable certificate of fitment is received. If the company that fitted the alarm are not approved by the VSIB, you can always take it to a company that are and get them to check the installation, get them to issue written confirmation and this will be acceptable to your Insuance company(you will find there will be a charge for this).

Do most insurance companies who request cat 1 & tracker ask for vsib approved installations?
Some do and some don't, it's luck of the draw.

simb