Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Specific question on Tesco mods

Search this Thread

Old 06 April 2004, 10:40 PM
Yass
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Specific question on Tesco mods

I declared to Tesco that my exhaust was not standard - I have a Scoobysport back box on a UK MY00. My policy says something like "exhaust - like for like replacement". Is this what other people have on their policy, or is there another option for a sports exhaust?

I'm due to get a decat downpipe and centre section done shortly. Do I need to declare these as well? If so, what will it say on my policy. As I said, it currently doesn't specifically state that just the back box is different, so I'm wondering if I need to declare the downpipe and centre. If they are listed separately, how much extra might this add to my premium?

I'm also planning on getting a tek2 remap. With the exhaust mods this will probably give an extra 20% power gain. From what I've read in the past on this board Tesco will add about 20% to my premium, which is already £1400. Have other people declared remaps? How would they ever know it had been remapped? And what if it had been done before I bought the car, how could I be expected to know?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Yass
Old 06 April 2004, 10:55 PM
GaryCat
Scooby Regular

Tesco added £90 to my premium when I put a scoobysport backbox on to my MY99 turbo. I think they classed it as a 0-10% power increase.
Old 06 April 2004, 11:59 PM
Yass
Scooby Newbie

I declared the exhaust at the same time as some alloys. My quote went up about £250, but I don't know how much of that was for the alloys and how much for the exhaust.