Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Think I'm about to be fooked!

Search this Thread

Old 25 March 2004, 12:02 PM
Squadron-Leader
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Think I'm about to be fooked!

Guys

Been with Tesco's since owning the Scoob and paid £550 fully comp for the last 2 years.

Made a claim in Jan 2004, which I think is about to screw me. Claim was for about £1500 of damage and it was all my fault. Paid my excess, claim went through and car repaired without problem.

The problem I've got now is......... renewal is due in April, and did not have a protected NCB (it's a long story) I was expecting a hike of £200-£300 or so, but on doing on-line quotes today (NU, Churchill etc etc) they're coming out at £1100 and more

Anyone think Tesco will double it too? I've called them today, but they've not got renewal prices for my policy yet

Thanks. J.
Old 25 March 2004, 02:09 PM
Squadron-Leader
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

..... maybe not so fooked after all. Finally got hold of someone who could give me the renewal price at Tesco.

Tesco's are going to put the renewal up to £791 (+£241 from last year) and reduce my NCB to 3 years. Not bad, but still not good enough.

Off to Admiral...... Quote on my MY99, 9K value, 3 years NCB, garaged, 2nd driver (wife) and no mods (will remove current exhaust) ...... £656 fully comp, free hire car, £250 excess, stereo cover and no Tracker needed

Did the same quote for a 'NEW' WRX 5 door 20K value .... £592.67 !!! That's £64 less than for my MY99 and only £42.67 more than last year! .......I still don't need a Tracker aswell

If only I could find a dealer that will sell me a Wagon on the cheap

J.

Last edited by Squadron-Leader; 25 March 2004 at 02:18 PM. Reason: crap spelling