Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adrian Flux - good service

Search this Thread

Old 18 March 2004, 05:44 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Adrian Flux - good service

Just a quick note to let you all know... Adrian Flux came in at 50 quid cheaper than Elephant for me (just over 700 quid for an 03 WRX, tracked), but when the policy docs came through, they'd missed off my wife and not included business class 1.

I phoned up, they told me that class 1 would add 160 quid to the premium, so I told them I'd definitely asked for it, and had asked for my wife to drive too. The very pleasant (but rather guarded) lady took my details and said she'd get back to me.

Two hours later, I get a phonecall. They'd played back the quotation tape, found that I was right, and will cover the cost themselves!

So, big pat on the back to Flux for what I see as excellent customer service which, I guess, will mean them losing money on this premium. The could easily have said "sorry, we made a mistake, pay up or we'll refund you and you'll have to go elsewhere", but they went the extra mile.

Very pleased

Cheers,
Nick.
Old 18 March 2004, 07:44 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

I'm glad there are 'some' companies out there that will do the right thing when this happen's. If only all companies recorded their quotations, it would save so much grief.

simb
Old 18 March 2004, 07:46 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Believe me, I was pleased and surprised too. Initially the company did seem to be "checking out" that I remembered what I'd asked for, but still in a polite way. The thing that surprised me is that they sorted it out within 3 hours, which I didn't expect.
Old 18 March 2004, 08:07 PM
Fangoria
Scooby Regular

**** me

Someone who got through to Adrian Flux............................................. I've tried for yrs to get through on their phone line - but to no avail...........................

Glad to see they honour their own mistakes.........
Old 18 March 2004, 08:07 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

It is good service and if all companies acted this way, you would'nt be hesitant in calling companies for a quote. I have been 'stung' before and I'm in the trade. I rang a certain company to a get a quote on my partners vehicle, after checking the quote 3 times!! in respect of the total excess (vol/comp excess) it still came through £350 higher than requested. After pursuing the appropriate channels, it was still not resolved satisfactory.

simb

Last edited by simb 2; 18 March 2004 at 08:11 PM.
Old 19 March 2004, 01:30 PM
PhilA
Scooby Regular

They've NEVER been able to give me a quote at all? Must be cause I'm under 30 or something.
Old 19 March 2004, 02:19 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Phil, that's wierd!

I do know that they could only do me a good deal on the insurance after I'd had the car for at least a year... When I changed from my old MY00 to the MY03 last year, I was insured with Flux and they wanted 700 quid extra for another 7 months insurance. I cancelled and went elsewhere (Greenlight).

The reason for the expense, it turns out, is that they really don't like insuring people who are "new" to these cars so despite me having the MY00 for 3 years, they couldn't cut me a good deal.

Still, I'm happy now.

Cheers,
Nick.