Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Multiple Car Policies whose best?

Search this Thread

Old 14 March 2004, 05:32 PM
Fangoria
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiple Car Policies whose best?

I have a highly modded Scoob who I can only use LV for (as no-one else can touch them) - this car does about 5000 miles a yr

I am also looking to buy a second brand new car as I am giving back the company car soon.

Is there any good insurance companies that would give me a good discount for a second insurance policy or would take into account the company insurance that I had on the company car?

I dont want to be stung for about £2k on insurance for a second car........ (there must be a lot of people who effectively have a second car and have a decent one for weekends?)

ps - cant use the wife as she will have a Scoob Turbo
Old 18 March 2004, 09:22 AM
Fangoria
Scooby Regular

Anyone know any companies that give large no-claims discounts for second cars???
Old 18 March 2004, 09:37 AM
douglasb
Scooby Regular

Most companies will give you a discount based on your company driving experience.

I went from company car to my own a couple of years ago and had no problems with this. I ended up with Direct Line, but each company I got a quote from was happy to accept an employer's letter stating that I had however many years with no accidents or claims and that I'd given up the company car.

Have a look at the usual websites (AA, Churchilll, etc.) and put in all the details with however many years company no-claims you have. Whichever site produces the best figure, give them a call and ask them to confirm that company car driving counts to the no-claims. That's the way I did it.

It's insurance renewal time for me at the moment and I've just been trawling the websites. The Halifax website actually has a section about company cars in the FAQs and confirms that they are happy to accept an employer's letter (and they were cheapest for me as well ).

Doug
Old 18 March 2004, 02:28 PM
Fangoria
Scooby Regular

May not actually be able to use my company car years...... as my company is self insured - and as such pays out in the event of any incidents.

Insurance itself on one car is no problem at all as I've had to insure my own car - Scooby - so I have full no claims on that

I may have to offload the Scoob....... but will see about quotes first.
Old 18 March 2004, 08:38 PM
douglasb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Fangoria
May not actually be able to use my company car years...... as my company is self insured - and as such pays out in the event of any incidents.
I don't think that should be a problem. Here's what the Halifax website says

If you are a company car user who is moving to your own insurance then we will require a letter from your employer confirming that you were the sole user of the company vehicle, the dates you were covered under the company car scheme, details of any claims which occurred during this period and whether these were settled on a fault or no fault basis. The letter will also need to confirm that you no longer have a company car.

If you do not produce evidence of your declared no claim discount we will either charge you for the additional premium required from the start date of your policy or cancel the policy.
So as long as the company provide a letter detailing your accident/claims history, it doesn't matter if it was insured or self-insured. I think that's the attitude of other insurers as well.

HTH

Doug
Old 19 March 2004, 09:21 AM
Fangoria
Scooby Regular

Erm.......maybe I've had an accident with the company car - because its self insured I dont need to disclose it......................................... as theres nvere been any claim on any policy......

I need to speak very nicely with our insurance department!!!